Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 995's. One I bought new, the others used. All 3 appear to be low time. I know the one I purchased hasn't had many rounds through it, and the others look like new as well.

I have one in an ATI stock and the others are in the factory stock.

I had all 3 out this evening and noticed something that may be normal, or may be an issue.

The ATI stocked rifle and one of the factory stock units appear to have a vertical crack in the block right behind the extractor, moving up to right behind the bolt hole, and down to the bottom of the block.

I wish I could get a good picture, but I don't seem to be able to. Does anyone have the same on their rifles?

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
This may be the "isssue" that Hipoint was referring to when they were claiming the ATI was causing damage to the 995's. Basically, HiPoint recommends not to use the ATI because it is more rigid than the factory stock and they saw an increase in damage claims as a result of the ATI stock in their view (I'm not sure the exact problem was ever disclosed) but it sounds like it could be the cause of the cracked ATI, but the fact that you have a second stock 995 with the same problem disputes what I just said :blink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
OK go easy on me I'm the new guy,I just brought a 995 home today, already have two sold to my buddy and his wife. I noticed what apperaed to be a crack on the bolt in the same areas the original posted mentioned .The more I looked I decided it was casting marks...I'm not used to cast parts in my guns.I'm going nuts waiting already for the new stock. i think they missed out not designing the frt site that a ring for a light or lazer could be mtd on the bottom of it.But the new stock will offer options galore for goodies. Anyhoo I'm glad to read that this "crack" is what I figured.. 8)--RR--

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree, from the pictures they do look like casting marks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.