Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mailed off my 995 9mm.
The bolt would catch and not chamber properly. I found the reason to be a crack in the stock by the rear receiver shroud screw.
This would cause to much play (wiggle) and the bolt would not chamber.
I was thinking of the ATI replacement stock, but remembered the Warranty, and figured, what do I have to lose.
As cheap as the factory stock is, I imagine this is a common problem.
For a "Ugly" gun that almost everyone laughs at, I really like this little bugger.

I'm trying to get a .40 Cal High-Point pistol.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the ATI stock on my 995 and love the way it feels compared to the factory stock, I think they just feel cheap and flimsy. I like they way they look but that's about it. I still have my factory stock just in case I need to send it to Hi Point for anything. I have the JCP .40 too. I love it, you should get one because they're awesome.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Good for you on sending it in for repair Tracylaud83. They are going to send it back to you in 100% tip top shape, and throw in some free goodies to off set your shipping cost, usually a new magazine.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you on sending it in for repair Tracylaud83. They are going to send it back to you in 100% tip top shape, and throw in some free goodies to off set your shipping cost, usually a new magazine.

Welcome to the forum!
I'm LEO, and take my 995 in almost everything I drive, including the RV.
I almost cried when it stopped working, and I think their might even have been a tear when I saw the crack that was causing the problems.
I hope they come out with the info on the new stocks soon, I'd really like to buy the new stock. (Yes I'll buy it)
Until then, I'll just wait for the return of my baby.
From what I'm hearing, turnaround is pretty fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts