Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem putting an aluminum extended mag release button on their ATI stock? I finished my ATI conversion yesterday and when I tried to install my new $15.00 mag release button, it would not work. "Pin" hole is .001 too small and button O.D. is .001 to large to fit in the adapter collar. I wrote the seller and just got this back from him this morning:

"My apologies on the fitting problem. I had gotten a few questions about the fit. Seems the QC at Hi Point may not be the best. I have gotten two separate emails saying the button was too big. typically there will need to be a little routing out of the stock in order to get proper fit. Some are smaller, and some are bigger so I usually make the buttons a little bigger just to make sure it will always fit. I have two 995's and a 4095 and all the holes are just a little different where the MAG button goes. your button will probably fit on half of the stocks out there. I probably need to put something in the directions about possibly needing to ream the stock or button a bit. Sorry about the confusion. Let me know if you want me to try to get a little smaller button of if you just want to ream the stock. Also you will need to slightly ream the inside of the button as well.

I will try his suggestions today, but I am not a machinist and do not have a set of "Reamers". Any one else experience this problem?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was getting ready to ask you how that button worked out for ya..Keep us informed.
Well, lots of work to make it not fit properly, however, in fairness to the mfg, he just wrote me, on his own volition, he is sending me another one that matches the dimensional variances the current one has. It should be here in a few days and I will post the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts