Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I can't seem to find a fold down, direct replacement front sight for the 995 Carbine. Are there any on the market ?

I am new here and may not be aware if this question has already been answered in the past.

Thank you in advance for your help and patience.

·
Premium Member
26,438 Posts
Not really. Any flip up irons will usually work, but with the shortened sight radius due to having to move the FSP all of the way back to the shroud rail and then there is the very real possibility that the pop up front sight won't line up with the rear without maxing the elevations, thus killing your adjustability.

So if you're going to go with flip-ups, it's best to run the matched set, and if you want the optimal setup you should consider buying an aftermarket full length rail that runs from the front sight, all the way to the back of the shroud to make one long single flat top rail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent a request to Down Range Products asking them to manufacture me a direct replacement folding front sight. It may be a long shot and a little costly but maybe it will help get a better option on the market, and my plinker 😎

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,401 Posts
I sent a request to Down Range Products asking them to manufacture me a direct replacement folding front sight. It may be a long shot and a little costly but maybe it will help get a better option on the market, and my plinker 😎
Good luck. Let us know if they do. I used a Longshot rail. To maximize the top rail.

·
Premium Member
26,438 Posts
So why not help them figure it out by designing the prototype and shopping it to multiple manufacturers? Because if you really think about it, all you would need to do is manufacture a front sight post with a chunk of pic rail on it, instead of the hooded post, so you could slap on any flip-up front sight and still have gross elevation adjustability on the stalk and fine adjustment on the post...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts