995 front sight and scope issue

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Toddreeves, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Toddreeves

Toddreeves Member

I bought a 995 about a month ago at the range after 110 rounds the front sight came off. I noticed the screw was missing and the other was loose and stripped. Hi-Point sent me a new front site instead of screws. Tightened it and after 40 rounds it came off again. Also the BSA scope it came with constantly comes loose while firing..... anyone else experienced this?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

There's got to be more to this story.
    I have over 5000 rounds thru my 4595 and over 3000 thru my 995 carbine and the front sights never once loosened up unless i adjusted them, then were fine once adjusted and retightened.

And the red dot as well? My guess is you overtightened things and stripped the threads.
    I cant recall this ever being something mentioned before. Its certainly not a common issue.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nope.

Got pics?

4. ndindy

ndindy Member

Not sure how the screws are attached but as a guess, missing some threadlock?

5. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

if new it's possibly a QC issue with the manufacture !!!

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why go there first?

If the same guy has multiple weird problems with two different guns, it's possibly operator error.:cool:

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

Nearly impossible option this time. First 2 posts are about two allegedly brand new hi points, one c9 and one carbine and neither work properly.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

When I was at a range in FL this spring I found a front sight base for either a 4595, or a 4095.

9. anyone else experienced this? NO

and my 4095ts has had the sh.t beat out of it and not one thing is loose or comming off of it

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I think swiggy-wiggy-Swaggy lost one :D

11. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Did you buy this used?
    Either way, just put some Loctite on the screw threads and don't over tighten them.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  12. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Doo he shootz at Cecil Webb in Charlotte County? :D

14. Toddreeves

Toddreeves Member

I may have tightened them to much. Instead of buying an expensive firearm I thought I'd pick up a carbine and a pistol for the price they are so I cab shoot more and ease the wife into shooting. I am still learning;

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    We'll be right there w/ya, TODD j. REEVES!!!
    Every problem ever encountered with an HP has been discussed on this forum!

16. Toddreeves

Toddreeves Member

thank you.

i pulled the slide back last night, loaded all my mags and locked it up..... we'll see if that helps. I will clean it again before I load it.
    I don't know about adjusting the top of the magazines, never down that but would like to not have the jamming happen again. The mags are stiff to load and unload.
    My Carbine fires great.... just have the problem with the front sight coming loose and the red dot doing the same.

17. Toddreeves

Toddreeves Member

Does anyone know if they make a riser block for scope mounting so I can alevate my red dot higher off the carbine by an inch or so?

18. undeRGRound

INDY
  19. undeRGRound

INDY
    PS: I'd only lock back the slide on the pistol, it was the one that sounded like it needed that... Carbine's shooting OK, so I'd leave that part of it alone.