Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I actually use a Fender guitar hardcased road box with eggshell foam. Looks cooler and raises less worry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found that with my red dot I couldn't fit my 995 into a normal rifle case, or even scoped rifle. I had to buy one of the larger "assault rifle" style soft cases that any decent NON-CHAIN sporting goods store or gun shop will sell.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
No problem, you can get them a little cheaper elsewhere, but HP has free shipping and that does make a difference.

Also, last I heard, if you ordered more than 100 bucks of goodies at one time, you got a really nice HP t shirt free of charge.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I use a UTG case for my 995.
It fits perfectly, has a pocket that holds about 200 rnds in 50 rnd boxes & another that can hold a cleaning kit & tools.
It can also be used for a shooting pad that you can lay on.
I was going to by the compensator for my 995 but I don't think it will fit in my case with it on the carbine. I could just take it off but that becomes a hassle.

G

·
I have got to get a case. But will the one from HP fit with a scope on it? Right now I keep it is a gun condom. You know the extra long tube sock. With a custom scope cover made by my best bud Woody.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have both the 995 and 4095, and this is what I use:

Flambeau Outdoors Safe-Shot series double gun case. I'm pretty sure I picked it up at my local WallyWorld about a year and a half ago. I couldn't find it on Wally's website just now, though. Can't remember how much I paid for it either.

Here it is with one carbine:

Here it is with both carbines:

Here it is with all closed up with both carbines:

After I laid it back down and opened it up, it looks just like the pic with the toes in it. It holds both carbines quite securely, with or without optics on both. It has a corrosion/rust inhibitor called Zerust that is good for a long time. Has four spots for padlocks, too. It has no internal/external storage, though.

Here is a link to Flambeau's Safe Shot series gun cases. The model# of mine is 6490SC.

http://hunting.flambeauoutdoors.com/otdrs_hunting/gun_cases/guncases.asp#dbl

Even if you only have one carbine, you can still put a rifle or shotgun in with it, or just get another HP carbine... :p

G

·
Now that I like. I can put 2 rifles in that baby and head to the range. .40cal_in_Idaho what kind of optics do you have on the first one?

·
Registered
735 Posts
myself i like the soft cases i have one hard case for my 12 ga , but that is because i got a deal on it, i got a soft case on sale at midway for 14,99 and it fit s my 995 perfect plus it hold 6 mags, and has 2 more pockets.

G

·
I guess it all boils down to how many guns do you take to the range at one time anyway? I try never to take more than one handgun and one rifle/carbine each trip. Only because I now reload for almost all the calibers I shoot...and the fact that I make darn sure I clean each weapon maticulously as soon as I get home. There is none of that..."oh I'll clean it tomorrow" stuff.

So It can be alot of work. Getting all the brass going in the tumbler...dissasembley and cleaning. Also I sometimes end up wanting to work up a new ammo load when my thoughts from the range are still freash.

Some of the tactical bags are pretty sweet IMO :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts