Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9mm carbine isnt recocking after every shot pretty much making it a single shot bolt action rifle wich sucks having to toss every other shell on the ground to recock it i need some advice with this iv torn it down as far as i can get it ive greased and oiled everything as it should be im to the point of sending it in to be fixed but i dont want to have to wate 3weeks if i can do it myself so if you have any ideas let me know [glow=red,2,300][/glow]

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: 995 isnt re cocking after every shot

It sounds like you may have a failure to feed problem which is probably because of the magazine, look around and there are a lot of threads about how to fix the problems. Also if you send it in most people seem to get stuff back from Hi Point in way faster than 3 weeks. They aren't other firearms companies, they'll fix the problem for you right away. Also try calling Hi Point and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank for the info also about the warranty I didnt buy the gun new or get any paperwork for it I understand the waranty covers about everything but would it cover me being who knows probably the fifth owner of the gun and not having a bit of paperwork

·
Registered
850 Posts

The warranty follows the gun and not they owner. They'll definitely take care of you.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts

What ammo are you using? If they are the lighter 96gr they may not have enough power to cycle the gun properly.
I would recommend using at least a 115gr round.
If it is cycling properly but not engaging the sear, it could need a new spring for the sear.
Your best bet though, since you have no idea who owned this before you or how they treated it, is to call HP & get the info to send it in for proper maintenance.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

If you can take it to the range or outside depending where you live fire it and take a pic of the malfunction..... Or feel free to PM me and we can see what is going on.

When in doubt you can always send it back to the factory and they WILL help you.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Did you happen to overtighten the bolts holding on the metal cover? That would cause drag on the bolt.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well actualy im using 124 grain blazers right now maybe I need to up the load or buy better quality ammo I might have over tightend the bolts but im not sure I thought i just made them snug I guess i need to go back through it one more time before i send it in. My carbine is with the original stock but I will be upgrading to the ati stock maybe if hi point doesnt come out with there new stock first. I would like to get a bi pod and a nice scope to go with it aswell but that is in the near future. im just worried about fixing it for now. The waranty thing realy eased my mind alot now i know if i cant fix it some one will.

Is the sear the piece that catches the fireing pin as it is pulled back?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts

Yes, the sear is what catches & holds the firing pin till you pull the trigger.
If the spring is worn out then that could be what is causing your problem.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for all the info but iv been through the gun again and none of these things seem to be the problem i didnt want it to come to this but oh well i will send it in and have it refurbished I love a warranty but i hate not beeing able to fix my toy myself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts