995 Load Data Requested

Discussion in 'Pistol Cartridge Data' started by yabiah, Jul 18, 2020.

1. yabiah

yabiah Member

Hello all. I recently got into reloading and am curious to know if anyone has load data for the components I have on hand.
    Bullets;
    115gn Lead SWC - Penn Bullets
    124gn FP Copper Plated - Rainier Ballistics
    125gn Round Nose Red Coated - SNS Casting

Powders;
    Titegroup
    Unique
    Accurate #5

I've tried the 115gn SWC with 5gns of Unique, not good. Ragged holes and large groups.
    Thanks!

2. relics

relics Member

I know Tulammo 115gr fmj clocks around around 1450 out of my Carbine on par with a 357 sig out of a 4 inch barrel.If you search they say what that load is.I got some 9BPLE 115 +p JHP I am sure that will run over 1525 fps HOT STUFF. Makes that Carbine a real power house

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

What reloading manuals do you have? I'm surprised that there are no loads listed for Unique, as it's almost the "univeral" powder for every handgun cartridge. Mine are in storage or I'd look that one up for you. However, #5 is a good choice and this is a link to the Accurate load data - http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/WPHandloading-Guide-7.0-Web-REV.pdf - for your 125 coated use the 124(L) data, starting at the bottom and working up. The LC stands for Lead Coated IIRC.

4. yabiah

yabiah Member

There are multiples of multiple loads I could be trying, I understand that.
    I was hoping there was someone who figured this out and would share their load data.

I'll have to put some loads together and get to the range.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Be careful with titegroup. It is a finicky powder. It is one of the best for stretching your dollar but it requires precision even above normal reloading.

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You are right on the money to recommend load manuals. Alliant has a pitiful small amount of load data for 9mm and unique. But if you branch out into other manuals you can get a lot of load data.

I found some really complete load data for hardcast in the Lyman manuals and the Hornaday manual seems pretty good too.

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    histed and moona11 like this.
  7. histed

histed Supporting Member

You said in your OP that you were new to reloading. One thing to keep in mind - every gun is different. I don't mind sharing what works for me, but it may not work for you. What pistol do you have? What primers are you using? How deep are you seating your bullets? Do you trim your cases? If so, to what length? For 125gr lead bullets (RM, TC or RNFP) I like 4.5grns of Ramshot True Blue in Winchester cases sparked by CCI primers. Change the case, the primer or go with plated or jacketed bullets and everything changes. These work vweywell in my SD9VE and and Ruger EC9

lklawson likes this.
  8. histed

histed Supporting Member

Lyman is one of, if not the, best source for lead data.

lklawson likes this.