Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't run across a thread about this yet, so I thought I'd start my own.

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to modify their factory 995 stock to take the C9 magazine. It would be cool (and handy) to share mags between the two 9mm weapons. It seems to me like it would be little more than just shortening the grip, but maybe I'm over simplifying this. The idea would be to mod the rifle so that both the C9 standard 8 round mag and the C9 10 round mag would work.

Has anyone tried this?

Setting aside for a moment whether or not it's a good idea to try this (and I haven't even convinced myself of that yet) how hard a project do you recon it would be?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I reckon it'd be a waste of time... why shorten the capacity and shorten your grip? I dont advise you do this modification...
But hey, if you're for it, go for it... it may be the next best thing!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I would rather have the grip lengthened on my C9 so it could take 995 Mags.
I like those Mags better & I don't see why HP had to make the C9's grip shorter.
It would be nice if HP made a full size C9 with a 4.5" barrel that used the 10 rnd 995 mags. I know I would buy one.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I like those Mags better & I don't see why HP had to make the C9's grip shorter.
It would be nice if HP made a full size C9 with a 4.5" barrel that used the 10 rnd 995 mags. I know I would buy one.
+1

They could posibly remedy this with the new stock for the 995 but that would make all your old 995 mags not feed well, or not at all. Ive tried firing 995 mags out of my C9 (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS) and they work like crap.

I guese the good thing is that if they follow the model of the 4095, JCP with the 4595,JHP they will be able to share mags.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
" Ive tried firing 995 mags out of my C9 (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS) and they work like crap."

ALSO Hi Point themselve do NOT recommend using 995 mags in C9 as without the base on the bottom to brace the mags they allow too much wiggle and are considered unsafe

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
+100

That is the only thing I don't like between the 995 and the C9 (I have both). The grip on the C9 was made shorter presumably because of the overall size of the gun. Ever try carrying the C9 with the 10 round mag? It sticks out a lot. With the 8 round mag it's not too bad. It would be nice if they shared the 10 rounder though. You might be able to open up the bottom well of the 995 to accept the C9 10 rounder and not change the length. Looking at the C9 10 round mag and the 995 mag they look to be the same except for the bottom.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a C9 and a carbine. The C9 came with a 8 round mag and I have two mags for the carbine. One of the Carbine mags needed a little lip adjustment to feed properly in the C9, but after that they have been flawless. I have performed a temporary solution to allow the Carbine mags fit more snugly in the C9 and when I have the time I will attempt to perfect it.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've used my 995 mag in the C9 a time or two just to see how it would work and I don't recall having any FTF or FTE trouble, but I know it isn't really "supposed" to work. In my line of work, (tech support for a mobile phone provider) we'd call it an "unsupported solution."

Perhaps this is just my ignorance showing, but what exactly is "unsafe" about using the 995 mags in a C9? Ill advised, sure. Not recommended I understand. Unsafe? Again, it may be no more than ignorance on my part, but I don't see it.

I'm not trying to "call" anyone on this, I'd just like an explanation of how an unsupported magazine might be dangerous to the user.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
They flop around inside and are not braced on the bottom which can cause a misfeed
When I would do this, and I did this with my two C9s at the SC/NC meet... I used my pinky to keep the mag from moving around... 20 rounds down range from C9s in short order... didn't have any issues. Someone else tried it without the pinky hold and it jammed on them. So FWIW... use your pinky!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts