Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the 9mm or 40 cal from a hi point carbine would punch through a 4x4 post. I will be running a post shoot at my gun club in may, 3 man teams, 1 rifle,1 pistol, 1 shotgun, quickest to cut the post in half wins the prize. a timed event. I think this would be where the carbine really shines., but I have not tried it yet. anyone ever punch through wood with their carbine?
Thanks roland

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
my 9mm carbine goes plum through our fence posts which i believe are 4x4 but i have to be pretty close and there not all that new a bit weathered kinda rotten but every time i miss and hit the post it leaves a pretty nasty hole [glow=red,2,300][/glow]

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
ya definately a slug would do more damage but you have to think about the rapid fire of the carbine vs reloading the shotgun after 5 or 6 shots you could have your clips for the nine lined up and ready but really I dont know thats a hard decision which one i would use

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have cut a full dimension locust 2"x12" in half with my 995 and my JCP with no problem. You could probably get the job done on a 4x4, but the question is how quickly. You might be better off with something a bit more powerful for your rifle choice.

For what it's worth, my SKS with 154 grain soft points chewed through a 14 inch diameter cedar tree like it was butter :) And it is as quick to load with stripper clips as the 995 is to change out mags.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yeah the carbines would prolly get it done but if I was picking a rifle I got one word for ya
MOSINFREAKINAGANT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the distance is 10 yards, (30 Feet) all 3 memebers of the team shoot at once. rifle shotgun and pistol at the same time. SKS / AKs & and such have a long action and have a lot of muzzel climb. to much recoil, not very condusive to keeping the sights on a 4 inch target, even at 10 yards. slugs in the shotgun are a given, the trick there is to only load the slugs with even ummf to get it through the wood, once again recoil / muzzel climb is a bad thing. this brings me to another question, do any of the compensators for the 995 / 4095 actuly work? or are the just for show? Thanks for the input everyone, Roland

·
Registered
191 Posts
995 penetrates railroad ties with ease.... What are those, 6X8? 8X8? 6X6?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts