Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 995 (NIB)from a dealer on Auction Arms. Took it out to Range 14 on Fort Dix(retired military...Range 14 is the the "gun club" on base/post ). Hit the chamber with some CLP, checked the barrel and bore for obstructions, and started firing. FLAWLESS operation. Was getting quarter and 50 cent piece sized groupings at 25 meters(granted, I was seated/supported). ZERO FTF/FTE! Winchester White Box hollow points and American Eagle ball. No problems! I've qualified on everything from a .38 S&W revolver to 81mm Mortars...this is a fun weapon to shoot! Want to break it in some more soon, I'm going to put in the home defense catagory if the relability stays.

Questions for the audience: I've seen some postings regarding loading the weapon and bending the firing pin on the carbines, what say you..load mag on a closed bolt then chamber a round??

Cleaning; As a military guy it is very hard to put a weapon back in the case dirty. Normal SOP is weapon is cleaned before anything else happens, chow sleep, etc... Again, looking at the posts it seems, and HP encourages, "detailed" cleaning after a couple hundred rounds. I only fired 60, so I swabbed the barrel and scrubbed the chamber and bolt areas with a toothbrush, followed by rag wipe down. It was hard to do(mentally), but this is the impression I get from HP and posts in the forum. Thoughts?

PS: If you are looking for a 995, they seems to be at least one on Auction Arms everyday...Local dealers had 0 in stock, and none coming in....also plan on keeping it stock, no ATI in the future!

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Congrats on your new 995 & a great range outing.
When loading the mag you should keep the breach closed so as not to bend the firing pin, I should know. I bent mine 3 times & just had to replace it(free replacement parts).
As for cleaning, it is recommended to only take it apart for cleaning after about 1500-2000 rnds. They also recommend that you send it to them & they will do it for you & replace any parts needed.
Normal cleaning is just what you can get at, barrel, breach, mag well, etc... after each outing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 995 Range Report and couple of questions

Thanks! Appreciate it. Will try and get some pix on the next range day!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
....They also recommend that you send it to them & they will do it for you & replace any parts needed.....
for real? can you tell me where you got that information? Not that I don't believe you, I just wouldn't want to presume that they would without hearing the source. thanks

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
This is from the Home page on their website.

The Hi-Point of Service:
Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear—these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that— free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third. That service is fast, friendly and expertly performed. Your Hi-Point will be back in action, good as new, in no time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts