995 range report with pics

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by RandyP, Apr 19, 2008.

1. RandyP

RandyP Member

I reckon just like EVERYONE else did at some point, I picked up my 995 this afternoon at my LGS and promptly assembled it in the store, ran a bore snake thru the barrel and applied some CLP to obvious moving parts and headed to the range.

I spent a few dozen rounds getting the BSA Red Dot zeroed in at this indoor range's max (only about 20 yards) and then spent a MOST enjoyable time running thru 100 rounds of Remington UMC, 50 MagTech and 50 S&B. All FMJ.

I will also presume most of you can anticipate it when I tell you it was a HOOT to shoot! Plus it showed accuracy levels that truly are counter-intuitive to the VERY affordable retail price of this beastie. It performed FAR above my expectations and suffice it to say I am extremely delighted with my purchase. The ONLY negative was I only had the one ten round mag and wish they made a 50 round drum - :)

I picked up an Uncle Mike's 'tactical style' (kinda) case at the shoppe for a very reasonable $15 or so.

I just finished my first disassembly and complete cleaning and lubing of this neat rascal and again was impressed by its utilitarian simplicity. Way to go Hi Point!

"If" my attaching skills succeed, here are the customary range report pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Welcome RandyP, glad to hear you had fun, practicly everyone does with the carbines especially. Nice Pics, but no toes? ;) LOL