Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post to the forum. I've owned a C9 compensated version for about 4 years and just bought a JHP 45 a couple months ago. I enjoy my 45 so much that I rarely shoot my 1911 anymore. I've been impressed with Hi-points since I first shot my C9, and I finally bought a 995 the other day. I decided to repaint the stock right off since when I brought it home from the gunstore my wife said "is that new?". I took it to the range today and was just as impressed with it as I am with their pistols. I shot 2 boxes of white box thru it. It came with a scope, but I prefer the peep so I installed that from the start.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I painted it with Krylon Khaki camoflage with Fusion technology. Here is another shot of it.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Looking great dude! Nice shootin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will also note, these were all shot offhand. The initial site-in at 50' were braced 3 shot groups and were mostly all one large ragged hole. The carbine is definitely more accurate than I am. I'm very impressed with hi-point

·
Registered
27 Posts
That (by far) is the nicest original stock paintjob I have ever seen. Great job, man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so far so good. It seems pretty durable. I put that hogue grip sleeve on it less then 24hrs after painting and it stood up to that abuse just fine. Those take quite a bit of elbow grease to pull on and all was well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go out of my way to see how durable it is.

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
That looks great....my wife painted something plastic with that type of paint and didn't have very good results. I hope it holds up better for you, could have just been what she was painting as well. Anyway looks great man.

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
eness76++What type weapon was the grip designed for that you used? Or, did you modify the grip?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The grip is a hogue slip-on. I use one on my jhp45 also. I paid 8.99 for it at my local gunship.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gun looks good in that color...I too was thinking about that camo tan on my 995....That Krylon Fusion paint is sweet. There is no reason why you should have a crappy experience with it unless you didnt prep or clean the gun right. Ive used that stuff on all kinds of different things, from car parts to gun parts and never had a problem with it scratching, fading, or fish eye....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm so pleased with the way the 995 turned out, I'm going to apply some to my C9Comp as well. I'll post results when finished.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to post this in the pistol forum as well, but since I mentioned it on this thread I'm going to post it here too. I finished the C9-Comp with the same paint. I only did the frame on this one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.