Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the iron sights with a 4x30 scope, got everything tuned in for final adjustments at the range. Ok everythings working fine grouping are decent I'm happy. That's on trip #1. Gun is cleaned put away ready for the next trip. Trip # 2 the next week starts out great grouping are good. Then I start getting wild shots all over the target, so I check that everything is tight and hasn't moved, all good so adjust to bring it back on target, everything is good. Again the wild shots start. One of the RO's mentioned that the top rail being "plastic" or composite might be flexing causing the inconsistency in the shots and I might want to change it to aluminum and eliminate the problem. My question is, is this a possibility and can the top rail be replaced with a aluminium rail.

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
Replaced the iron sights with a 4x30 scope, got everything tuned in for final adjustments at the range. Ok everythings working fine grouping are decent I'm happy. That's on trip #1. Gun is cleaned put away ready for the next trip. Trip # 2 the next week starts out great grouping are good. Then I start getting wild shots all over the target, so I check that everything is tight and hasn't moved, all good so adjust to bring it back on target, everything is good. Again the wild shots start. One of the RO's mentioned that the top rail being "plastic" or composite might be flexing causing the inconsistency in the shots and I might want to change it to aluminum and eliminate the problem. My question is, is this a possibility and can the top rail be replaced with a aluminium rail.
Yes, and yes, for about $80. I seated my scope rings directly above the screws that mount the rail to the cover. There's backing plates under the cover there to support the screws, so the rail won't flex there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, and yes, for about $80. I seated my scope rings directly above the screws that mount the rail to the cover. There's backing plates under the cover there to support the screws, so the rail won't flex there.
Thank you now I can start looking for wat I need.

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
Jerry, at Longshot Mfg is one of our sponsors and sells aftermarket rails for the carbines.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
New rail from Longshot installed, flexing problem solved
They are or were expensive but they do make a good rail and other stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Amazon sells HP specific chinesium rails too.

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
I got a full lenght top rail for 45 carbine and its night and day compared to orig.
Not really. I can shoot quarter-sized 5-shot groups at 75y with my 4095 and the plastic rails. Most consistency errors are caused by a short circuit between the trigger and the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts