995 TS Accuracy?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by wingman, Feb 27, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Member

What kind of accuracy are you guys getting at 50 yards with iron sights or non-magnified red dots? I am using a red dot sight, and I am getting 3"-4" groups (bench rest)at 50 yards. Before I start making changes, I would like to know how that compares with your experience. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Thats not terrible for free standing shooting, but you certainly can get tighter groups. Ive got a 4095 & 4595ts and at 50yds can get 2" groups with irons.

3. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    5 shot groups- 4" at 50 yards and right at 2" at 25. I'm shooting from a rest using a SightMark reflex. It took 100+ rounds to get it there. The old eyes and nerves aren't what they used to be.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    How many types of ammo have you tried? It can make a HUGE difference.
    Here's my object lesson on the matter.
    This is one mag, 5 wolf bullets, 5 HSM, all at 25 yards standing unsupported.

[​IMG]

5. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    About all I can find locally is WWB.. Not the best, but better than not shooting at all.

6. wingman

wingman Member

I have just shot Federal Aluminum Case so far. It looks like my groups are not too much out of line with others. I will try some other ammo and see if that helps. I am not all that interested in the tightest possible groups, I just want to make sure my groups are in the expected ballpark (bench rest and without magnification).

7. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

I'm shooting tulammo steel case ammo so I'm able to pick up the ctgs with a shop magnet (kind of like swiffering the grass)...

Anyway, I'm getting 2-3 inch groups shooting at 50 yards on a bench with weapon supported in front using stock sights... Now standing unsupported is another story... Not the carbide's problem, the problem is ME...