995 ts converted ar15 front and rear sights

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by jmount411, Oct 14, 2014.

1. jmount411

jmount411 Member

Hey all first post lurking on forums for a while but as we all know ar15s have a endless amount of sight and scope options. I bought a open post front sight on amazon that drops in right where the factory front post is. This raises the sight up the right height to be compatible for any ar15 rear BUIS or carry handl. The quality and machining on the piece is excellent it even excepts ar15 sight posts. After that i bought a metal milspec picatinny rail from the same company that is the exact same specs as factory and uses factory hardware to install. once again fit and finish is excellent. I have a ton of ar15 accessories from the 3 rifles i built so i threw on a magpul mbus rear flip sight i had and a thinner front sight post. This set up has the same distance between the front and rear sights so accuracy will stay the same. Now i have a much more adaptable carbine that can be scoped easily and have back up sights in case the optic fails. These sights will co witness perfectly with a red dot too. Obviously this isnt my first choice as a go to war gun but i like all my rifles to be the best they can be and it makes it more fun and easier to run optics. My future plans are a vortex crossfire 1-4x in a burris pepr mount. Now im just running irons because i like them i had a red dot on it but took it off. The front sight and metal rail cost me about 100 but it was well worth it hi point should just do this from the factory or at least have the option id pay the extra cash for it.

Attached Files:

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Looks very cool!! And welcome to hpff! I love my carbines. I need to get an aluminum top rail for mine.

3. jmount411

jmount411 Member

Yes i loved mine since i bought it l. I loved its accuracy, low recoil,how small and nimble it is. I always kept thinking though how awesome it would be if i could have a 1-4 power with QD rings and back up sights that way i have my bases covered and bring it to its full potential. I love my AR15s because of how modular and adaptable they are but now my 995 carbine is almost the same way its becoming my favorite gun just because its just alot more fun to shoot less noise, less recoil, cheaper ammo. Its a good gun for my woman to shoot and learn on.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

I have done a few HP-AR's my self?

Attached Files:

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That front sight looks odd. What is the purpose if the factory sights work? It's not like it is "more accurate" and IMO it doesn't look better. I'm confused. A red dot will co-witness with the factory sights on a 995TS.

6. SkyPuncher

SkyPuncher Member

Hey Macho, just wandering what the make of those sights are? Looks good!

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Not sure of the brand, picked up from eBay for around $65. Be sure to order as a set, not separately?

8. Not sure if you posted links or just "amazon" and "eBay", but if you did post links, they no longer work.

Hint :)

9. jmount411

jmount411 Member

The pros are you have way more rail space, actually the sight radius is longer hence more precise shooting, you can run a optic either co witnessed with irons or with a scope in a QD mount with irons folded in case optic fails, irons are windage and elevation adjustable in half MOA increments hi point factory irons are not. Getting factory irons to 1/3 co witness with a red dot is pain in the balls and very limited in choices. You can choose what kind of front sight post you like to shoot with because it accepts all ar15 sight posts a2,a1,extended ,national match,tritium night sights,whatever. You can have a more durable rear sight than the factory plastic one with metal ears for protection throw a carry handle on there or a troy buis that ***** is bomb proof ,The only cons are that the front sight is up a little high and looks a little wierd but its all cosmetic and the pros deff out way the cons and IMHO way better than the factory irons the metal rail is also great because it accepts all rail accesories factory rail only accepts weaver accessories piccatinny rail stuff you gotta do some shaving to the rail to make it fit

10. SkyPuncher

SkyPuncher Member

jmount411, I have ordered the different rails and am going the way of ar sights as well. I like the availability and the number of options one has. I am in no way saying the stock sights are bad, cause to me they aren't. I just have a habit of having to mess with stuff...... Even if it means I go back to stock :)