995 TS Rear Sight Replacement?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by wingman, Feb 21, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Member

Has anyone come up with a rear sight replacement for the 995TS? The OEM sight takes up a ridiculous amount of the top rail. I have seen pictures from those who have cut the OEM sight down. I might cut mine down, but I wanted to ask the question first. Thanks!

2. sc487

sc487 Member

I don't have a suggestion, but I do have a spare if you want to pay shipping I'll send it to you to experiment with

3. wingman

wingman Member

sc487,

Thank you for the offer, but I don't think I want to cut down an OEM sight. What I was really hoping for was a "flip up", but I guess that is not going to happen. Thanks again.

4. sc487

sc487 Member

Does that mean you want the rear sight?

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Hey Wingman,

The flip-ups should work. I THINK we had a member use a flip-up rear and the stock FSP, but I'm not sure if it was a smooth set-up to sight in. My brain isn't functioning right now, but I'll see if I can find something.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I was just tagging this thread to check replies. the optics I have on 2 of my carbines requires the removal of the rear sight. I bought a used 995 that is missing the hardware to mount it. Let me know in a PM what you want for it if you really want to get rid of it. It will allow me to experiment. :)