Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you know im selling my sks to get a hi point carbine.
to see my reasons why read my topic on tapco sks mags in the other brands of firearms.

so my question is which is more accurate im looking for something that shoots where you aim and is fun and reliable the hi point carbine is both so which gets tighter groups?

G

·
Glad you asked Rodka =) As a matter of fact, I had both out again this weekend (started as a test for my prototype 9mm drum, see other post) and ran about 150 rds through each. I noticed with my own shooting technique that they are both as accurate as the other between 25 to 50 meters. Once I started reaching out to the 75 to 80 meter mark, to my suprise, the 9 mm seemed to be giving me a tighter group.

This most likely is because of the diffrence in optics on the weapons . I have the Tasco RD sight on the 40 cal and a tasco 3-9 X 32 scope on the 9mm. So in my humble oppinion, as long as you are shooting to have fun inside of the 75 meter range you should be happy with both. If you plan on having this on hand for possible selfdefence/ home protection I would naturally suggest the 40 cal.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I have both and the .40 cal is my favorite, even if the ammo costs a little more

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats good to hear i was leaning toward the .40, its going to be a home defense/shtf weapon so i dont need pin point accuracy i just want to be able hit the target at longer distances if i need to.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I have the 995. I really like it. But I have my eye on 4095 that I am saving my lunch money for. Can't waint to get it. I will take donations. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just get an old santa suit and start ringing a bell. :D

·
1,792 Posts
4095 is 17.5" 7lbs 32.5" overall
995 is 16.5" 7lbs 31.5" overall

www.hi-pointfirearms.com/carbines/9mm_carbine/9mm_carbine.html

One inch make that much diff. My 4095 out shoots my neighbors 995 with him or myself firing them, Hell even my wife.

Then you have the guy that shows up every know and then with his ATI'd 995 and still gets out shot buy well a 4095.

NOW the cost of ammo, If I new then what I know now I'd have a 995. Buying ammo would be less painful if they took it strait from the wrists.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
look for bulk buys in the ammo Thayldt. If you can get 500 rds or so at a good price its a lot easier on the wallet in the long run

1 - 10 of 10 Posts