995 Vs. 4095

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by mrgrinch233, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mrgrinch233

mrgrinch233 Member

whats the difference between the 995 and 4095 besides the barrel? I am asking because I recently picked up a 4095 and would like to put an ati stock on it and it is only available for 995.was told it would not fit. So I was just wonedering if it was just a matter of removing some material off of the stock in the barrel channel. Any info from someone who owns both would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forums before posting this and found nothing. Thanks for the help.

2. Can't be done without a ton of work(its never been done to my knowledge). The receiver of the 4095 is about an inch and a half(guessing) longer than that of the 995. If you have not seen it already, check out the thread on the hi-point prototype stock tha they intend to release(hopefully) this year.

3. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

I have both the 995 and the 4095 and have discovered that there is a huge difference in length and width. The ATI stock will NOT fit the 4095, even with a great amount of moding the ATI stock it would be unsafe to fire ( IMO).

4. Not sure its worth all the attempted work considering the new HP stock coming out. I picked up an ATI stock before the threads about the new prototype stock coming out and am going to let it just sit.

5. didn't realize there was a width difference. Thanks for that bit of info too.

6. mrgrinch233

mrgrinch233 Member

Thanks. I have never held the 9mm. My intentions were to get the 9mm but they did not have one locally so I just went with what they had. Kind of like I had to have it then and there, or else I would have probably put the money towards another SW MP. I already buy a shite load of the 40sw already I guess it's no big deal. Thanks for the help. I guess if I like the way the 40 shoots maybe I'll jus have to get the 995 as well.