995 vs c9 magazines

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by MarkWS, Feb 14, 2016.

1. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Has anyone modified the 995TS grip to accept C9 10 round magazines?

2. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Why not just use 995 10 round magazines, since they can work in the C9. I have modded a C9 10 round magazine to work in a 995 though. Just change out the base plate with one from an 8 round magazine, or a 995 magazine.

3. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Big hand. Like the additional grip with base on the 10 rd C9 mag. Just wishing they were interchangeable.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Dumb idea. Just replace the battery pack base with an 8 round magazine base and you'll magically have a brand new 995 magazine.

5. I think what the OP wants to do is have the ten round carbine mag with the C-9 10 round battery pack attached on the bottom?

Attached Files:

6. cicpup

Vermont
    Have to shorten the grip ruining it for everything but C-9 10 rounders. The thing to do is lengthen a mag into a 12 rounder.

7. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or - if the OP lives in a restricted capacity state, make up a big honkin' do nuthin' mag base that looks like a 12 rounder.

8. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Cicpup. Personally don't believe there's such a thing as dumb questions. Acting without consideration is dumb. I just typed before I fully thought through. Not taking offense. No harm/no foul. Like the 12 round mag idea. I haven't had any issues with my Pro Mag 15's tho so I'll likely just stick with those. I'm lucky to live in the Show Me state so no restrictions.

9. cicpup

Vermont
    Trust me. There are.