995 withdrawls....

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, Mar 12, 2008.

1. neothespian

neothespian Member

I'll say it: I miss my 995 :cry:

After firing the Saiga .223, I realized how much fun small caliber Long guns are! I had to sell my 995 when we moved from Phoenix to Flagstaff (a stupid move on many points if you ask me), and I instantly regretted it.

SO, I have broken down and decided that no matter what it takes, short of selling my current guns (Ok, the .40S&W HP would probably go only because after fixing it up and having HP refinish it...it just doesn't have a big enough bang to merit the difference between my C9 and the .40 Nice gun, don't get me wrong...but it's almost like shooting a large frame 9mm to me. I like variety)

Besides, I miss shooting a cheap long gun :( and you can hardly get cheaper than a 9mm except for a .22....

2. matai

matai Guest

I sold my 995 about 6 months ago and really regret it. I'm looking for a new or used one in the Seattle area if anybody knows where I could get one. I loved the 995 way fun to shoot.

3. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

Neo,

When you get that Government rebate check cycle right over to your local FFL and buy another 995!

4. I'll never get rid of my 995. I love that little carbine!

5. I went to the store to get one today, only to find out that the sale was over yesterday (who ends a sale from the Sunday paper on a Wednesday?!?!?!?!). I won't be able to shoot anytime soon anyway, so I figure I'll just hold off and wait for them to go on sale again. They seem to go on sale every other week. What's they going rate in your area Neo? They're about 160 when they are on sale here.

6. neothespian

neothespian Member

Going rate for 995's in the Phoenix Metro area runs about $220 out the door. Yeah, it's more pricey, but guns are ALWAYS more expensive in Phoenix, which is funny considering that there is so much industry and manufacturing here that everything from cars to computers are usually cheaper here than anywhere else in the US. I think alot of it has to do with the demographic and there are a higher percentage of armed citizens vs unarmed (legal) in Phoenix than in most urban centres.

As far as the federal rebate check, that might be going to moving costs. I'm seriously thinking about doing a major thing and after 12 years "retiring" as a technical director and going back to school. So, who knows....

All I know is that I AM getting one asap.

7. Yeah, they're 220 out the door when they're not on sale here as well, but as I said earlier, they go on sale all the time here, so I'm just going to set the money aside for a bit and pick one up when they go on sale again. I'd offer to pick one up for you when they are on sale again here, but I think the FFL transfer fees would probably remove any cost savings :p

8. I'm still waiting for the factory to send mine back.

9. I paid 160 out the door for mine back in January, 4095 runs about 160+tax

10. Neo,
    I could never understand why anyone would want a Saiga in a .223. The 76239 & 308 look like a good value though.

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Neo, my advice is to wait for the new 995 to come out!

12. Found the UPS sticky on my door yesterday. Now I have to coordinate a time for UPS to deliver it, or just pick it up from UPS.

13. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I feel your pain Neo, been without my 995 for months now.