Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  eqfan592 
#1 ·
i am wondering ifthis would be ok gun and round for hunting yotes and plinking. would be at 100 yards probably farthest shot but also want a fun trunk gun if i can find a deal on one of these. so any advice and help would be appreciated.

#8 ·
The 4095 does have more power than the 995 I own one of each so Im not being partial to either one. I think you would be safe to extend the range a little farther than 100 yds and would have a tad bit more knock down power than the 995

JMO

#9 ·
i have friend who talkedabout selling his 4095 but i was thinking about how much the ammo is in price difference for 40 and 9mm so will think a bit more and decide from there was actually thinking of getting a cz 52 then thought aa carbine would be fun gun to have.

#16 ·
Problem with the CZ52 would be accuracy at that range. GM mentions the rainbow effect of the .40 at 100 yds, think of the artillery effect thats going to be with the 4595 carbine. I had a Thompson look alike years ago and can attest that at 50 yds you have to aim high to hit where you want.

My personal choice would still be the .40. It is a new round to me and has impressed me with its power. Its a happy medium between the 9mm and the .45acp

#17 ·
Is there a website out there where somebody has actually put together the ballistic trajectory information of the 9mm, .40 and .45? I'd be interested to see exactly how fast each of these bullets drop after being fired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.