995TS 25 yards, missing dot scope on accessory page?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by peorth, Aug 17, 2015.

1. peorth

peorth Member

I took the cheap scope off my air rifle and put on the Hi Point 995TS to local indoor range @ 25 yards. 5 shot groups, bottom first then upper:

[​IMG]

The results were well beyond expectations. I will be taking the setup to outdoor range and test it at 50, 75, and 100 yards when the weather cools a bit (it was 100F here past weekend).

I went to the Hi Point accessory page and was looking for the TruGlo dot sight, the one that would co-witness with Hi Point front sight, but could it find it anymore. Does anyone know why it was removed?

Also, is the version sold previously on HP accessory page a custom version with adjustable sliding front scope mount so it'd fit on the HP rail?

2. ndindy

ndindy Member

If it's a tru-glo you can find it just about anywhere. If it was there and now isn't, probably no longer a dealer for them.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

They change up. They've used Tru-Glo, BSA...whatever they get the best deals on.

4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

The only accessories I would buy from HiPoint are the extra magazine holders. The rest of the stuff can be had cheaper and with better quality off Amazon or eBay. Their red dot and their laser are garbage.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Amazon is loaded up with optics in all flavors with reviews!

6. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

my bsa that came with my 995 for $20 more than an iron site model is as good as the $50 ones i see on amazon. Are there any ones on amazon for $50 that will put my bsa to shame?

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have several BSA red dots and they work fine not the best but fine enough. I have one on my AR pistol and it hold true so far. Never had one on a HP I put scopes one them.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

They work well they're just so dang big and bulky.

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That they are.

10. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

would like a reflex just to elimate some of the bulk. target acquisition with the red dot is much faster than a scope, at least for me. I haven't tried to make groups with my 995, but have considered a zoomed scope, just don't know how effective it will be when the zombies come.

11. ndindy

ndindy Member

Pretty much anything is better than a bsa. They work, usually, they're both cheap and inexpensive, and that's about the end of the good. The entire intent of a red dot or holo is just speed. They're not for accuracy, just shots on target. The higher a magnification you go to, the slower the target is to acquire especially if you can't shoot with both eyes open. Both eyes open is a skill its worthwhile learning in any case.

Your shooting distance and target will help dictate what kind of site you need. For shots on man sized targets using a pistol and using irons, none at all, to about 7-10 yards. Any front until about 15 yards. Out to about 50 you'll need front and rear irons. Using a long gun I can probably stretch each measurement a bit.

Red dots are usable until about 100 yards depending on the rifle and will be faster out to 50 yards or so. After that the size of the dot will likely start slowing you down. I tested one on a good .223 that shot nice groups at 100 yards, with a red dot the groups fell to patterns but they were still usable hits. I pushed it to 300 yards and a good deal of luck was involved with every hit.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  12. talon

talon the banned wagon

Which is exactly why everyone recommended a reflex or red dot for home defense/close range.