995TS, ATI Stock, and Magazine Fit?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by kaveman, Jul 8, 2015.

1. kaveman

kaveman Member

Hi All,
    First Post: Happy to be here and have a 995TS! Took it to the range, and it shoots great!
    Question/Ramble for the ATI Stock Crew:
    Now I've got the 995TS and an ATI Stock. ATI Box says fits 995TS with modification... Read alot of posts/articles/etc on fitment. Removed the first rib, made various plastic trimming and got the 995TS action to seat perfectly... Installed the Magazine Release, found some 5mm bolts for the cover, and off to the range... First round worked then FTF... Seems the magazine sits low in the ATI Stock. If I hold the magazine UP in the well, the 10 rounds cycle perfectly. If I let it hang on the catch, FTF/Jam every time... Any ideas on how to make the magazine stay all the way in the stock? Seems like the catch is molded in too low. Put it all back in the original TS stock and it works perfectly again. Ideas? I would really like to use the ATI stock... I contacted ATI and they told me they don't support the stock for 995TS's but the box says they do?...
    TIA
    Kaveman

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Once you modify the stock ATI gives up any and all interest. It was designed for the original 995. Like nearly any manufacturer of any type of product if you modify it, they wont help you for legal reasons.

It sounds like you may have either cut too much or not enough or maybe have it bolted back together too tightly or too loosely.

Start small and try reassembling it double checking all clearances.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have never used a TS model stock, but have done 6 of the Classic stock. Almost each time, I had to install & uninstall several times to make it work. I would try it again being very cautious, making sure that nothing is rubbing. Be sure to uninstall the mag release also.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Everything I have read is the ATI wasn't compatible with the TS model.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

It was never sold specifically for rhe ts model, but with minor modification it fits well. Someone here even modified one to fit a 4095ts if i remember correctly.

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I wasn't saying it couldn't be done, just the official stand was it isn't compatible. That's without even getting into HiPoints stand.

7. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I would try laying just the receiver frame in the stock to be certain its lying flat. Insert a magazine and see if you have to adjust the receiver forward or backward. It might be tilting the mag.
    Also check to see if the bolt retaining clip, that holds the doll head, isn't holding up the receiver.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  8. kaveman

kaveman Member

Tx for the input. I will have another go at it and see if I can get it to work.
    More to come.
    Kaveman

9. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Howdy!

Welcome to the Best Forum on the internet!

These folk know what they are talking about!

eldar

10. kaveman

kaveman Member

So I reworked the ATI stock and IT WORKS with my 995TS!!! Trim here, file there... And here is the one thing that MUST be done... Use Old style bolts or the "Pins" from the TS(#5 drill size), no other bolts/pins for the cover/action. I was using 5mm bolts with nylok nuts. These 5mm bolts let the entire action moves around in the stock. Not much movement, but enough the change the position of the magazine, hence FTF problems. I ended up using the stock pins with "e" clip retainers. Works EXCELLENT!
    Thanks for all the input!
    Kaveman

11. MachoMelvin

I am GLAD to hear it! Does your LRHO work correctly?
    I have heard several others that have done it. If your bolts are rusted or discolored, you can call MoM & ask for new receiver shroud pins. Just don't mention the word ATI. You will send them into another orbit!

12. kaveman

kaveman Member

LRHO is working as well... MuM's the word when talking to MoM... :)
    Kaveman

13. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Good job!
    The ATI stock material is much easier to work with than the HP. I also cut the bottom brace off for a better grip.

14. MachoMelvin

You guy's will need to stop all this ATI stuff, right now!
    Your going to cause me to buy another ATI stock & a 995 Classic and do another project.
    I have done 6 already!

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Whatever Dude. Don't lay your obsessive addictive nature on us. There's some here who have yet to build their first carbine that resembles a hypodermic syringe. It's not their fault you can't help yourself.

Be sure to post a family pic of all of them when you build your 7th one.

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ugh. Without the brace its like the monkey stocks retarded cousin. That's the only part of the ATI stock that sets it apart.

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I'm raising the BS flag here, if only to motivate someone to prove me wrong... :p

Attached Files:

18. talon

talon the banned wagon

Pretty sure its on these forums. At risk of being banned again for expecting someone to put forth some effort, ill say "search". Since i cant say "google it".

19. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Sounds like it's become more than a hobby! Lol. :D

20. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Lol. The cousin from the good looking side of the family.