995ts backfire

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by trstaggs76, May 23, 2015.

1. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

I was at the range today and my 995ts backfired. Now the action is frozen. Does anyone have any suggestions? The slide doesn't move at all.

2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Backfired? Do you mean hangfired? Out of battery? Don't know what you mean?

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Need more details. Did it jam after firing? A stuck shell? Did it not fire the round in the chamber? Pics and details please.

4. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

It didn't eject and I didn't notice. So when the firing pin hit the next round through gun powder blew out where the charging handle is. The casing of the round that didn't eject is still lodged in it. I can't get it to slide back to get it out. I'm new to owning firearms and may not know the correct terms to use. I'm just looking for some help.

5. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

It looks bent on the side with the safety

Attached Files:

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

We can figure out what you meant, and will help you. Just don't get flustered if we ask questions trying to figure it out.

Definitely looks like you had a round go off in the chamber, but the bullet itself didn't expel. More than likely it was an ammunition failure.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its going to need to go back to the factory for repair, but you've got to remove that shell. Call hipoint, the number is in the manual, explain that you had a misfire that is lodged in the rifle and cannot be removed, they will tell you how to ship it back for free repair.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

For future reference, for your own protection in the future, don't post pics showing your serial numbers, cover it or crop it out.

9. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

Thanks. I didn't think about that

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

11. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

Finally got everything freed up. Got the jammed casing out. Tried to cycle some rounds through but it won't eject any of them. I'm not sure if something got bent or a piece fell out.

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I'll fix it for $600.00 or you could just sent it to MOM thats free if thats how you roll;)

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

Don't mess with it further. Call and prepare it to go "home" for repair.

14. trstaggs76

trstaggs76 Member

Will do. Thanks for the input and putting up with a newbie those of you that actually tried to help

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

MOM will fix it up and give you a mag for the trouble. got a pic of the case?

16. What ammo were you using?

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Don't worry about the serial number thing, some people block it out but there is no reason it is necessary. Some people are overly paranoid about it, but it really is inconsequential.

18. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yea, there's no sh!theads out there.

Hello police, I'd like to report a stolen hi point 995....yes, I have the serial number, its F33502, no it was a private sale I don't have a receipt.....

Could never happen.

19. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Filing a false police report? Wouldn't the accuser have a burden of proof? Really? Have you EVER heard of this happening, EVER?

20. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well there was this one time, at band camp, when Talon found a flute, and Underground told him to put it in his.....

Oh, wrong police report.