995ts first 100 rounds

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by Matchbox, Jan 2, 2016.

1. 50 yard pistol range, Federal Champion 115g

Sharp as a tack. Sights were a touch off, but consistent.

REALLY cozy recoil, balanced, EASY sight picture. Sweet little rig. It can move pretty fast.

Unfortunately, I had an issue with all 5 of my magazines. They worked flawlessly as long as I only loaded them with 9 rounds. With 10 rounds they wouldn't even set. Bummer.

Next time, I'll try the rifle side, but I have a feeling 100yd will be a stretch.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Is your gun bnib? If so, I would call MoM!

3. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

Yep, the mags do suck sometimes. I find I have to clean them much more often than any others I have, and have to make sure I store them loaded up to stretch them out.

It's a little bit of a stretch, but I've done it and IIRC others on this forum have as well.

4. I guess I'll break it in and see what happens.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

What would be the chances of all 5 brand new magazines would all be bad at the same time?

6. Kiln

Kiln Member

Do you mean that the magazines wouldn't latch in the gun or that you're having feeding issues with the first round?

If you are having issues getting the mag seated it isn't uncommon to really have to shove a fully loaded mag into the gun for lots of brands when the mags are new. A lot of new mags have trouble because of the spring tension.