995ts FTF Problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Edknn, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Edknn

Edknn Supporting Member

Took my 995ts out last Saturday and 300 rounds later, great results. Since I had gone through that many rounds, I ran a bore snake through the barrel with a little Break Free CLP on it. Got to the range and 3 different brands of ammo, the same that were perfect over the weekend, all failed to load the 1st round. It would sometimes load if I forced the charging handle, but 90% of the time I had to drop the mag and eject the round. This would happen with all 4 of my mags. A few times, the round ended up trying to chamber but ended up at a 40 degree angle. After 150 rounds, it started to work better, loading the round more reliably. I called the HP tech and he had me remove the shroud to see if the plates under the iron sight came loose when it was removed for a red dot. They were in place and I can't figure where removing the screws holding the sight could have caused the plates to come loose, but they were intact. I reassembled the shroud and loaded a round in the mag and it chambered perfect with all 3 brands and in all mags. No hesitation to chamber. He said some debris must have come loose and caused the jamming. Firing the gun probably worked the crud out. I have to get it back to the range a test it. Any ideas what happened?

2. Edknn

Edknn Supporting Member

Took the gun back to the range tonight. It ran good on FMJ but it doesn't like 147 HST. The 1st round had to be persuaded with a push on the charging handle and then at least 1 stove pipe per mag. Just at the end, or actually causing the end of my shooting tonight, my trs25 red dot self destructed. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, the dial for the red dot, dangling. Took 1 more shot, and the dial was on the floor. Not my best day at the range. Thank god, my 1st trip with the gun went great. If this was the 1st, it would have made me wonder what I got myself into.

3. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

Had a couple of those days myself.