Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought new 995ts and while checking it with dummy rounds I noticed that the firing pin extends out when the operating handle is racked back, grabbing the case of the cartridge with it. I think this is contributing to FTF and FTE issues.
Can someone confirm if the firing pin is supposed to be visible when the charging handle is moved back for unloading?

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Hello,
I bought new 995ts and while checking it with dummy rounds I noticed that the firing pin extends out when the operating handle is racked back, grabbing the case of the cartridge with it. I think this is contributing to FTF and FTE issues.
Can someone confirm if the firing pin is supposed to be visible when the charging handle is moved back for unloading?
That is the way designed. Pin is also the extractor. Shoot it and see if it functions.

Reactions: Bash

·
Super Moderator
5,090 Posts
Hey, Bash. Welcome to the zoo. Not meaning to sound like a smart azz here, but we've answered this one....a few dozen times, to be conservative. Don't hand cycle anything. Get a box or two of your favorite 9mm flavor and go shoot it. I'm betting it works fine. The firing pin is a major part of the ejection system, so DO NOT cycle LIVE ammo. But even your snap caps aren't gonna tell you anything with hand cycling. Shoot the daylights out of it. Then, if it malfunctions, ask for help here. Not much we can't talk you through.

·
Premium Member
21,665 Posts
That is the way designed. Pin is also the extractor. Shoot it and see if it functions.
The pin is the ejector. It can cause an out of battery discharge. Not a good thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answer!
That was actually my concern… Chapters 6 and 7 in the manual allow for removing jammed rounds and unloading by hand cycling, but seeing the firing pin touching the primer on its way back didnt feel right…

·
What the Hell was that?
715 Posts
I knew it would be a matter of time, but I now have to seek out the expertise of the wise ones on here. FINALLY got a chance to take the 995TS out to put her through her paces. First 10 rd mag, worked fine. Had a few FTF issues with the red ball 20’s. Then Lo and Behind, bolt locks back, and will not go into battery. Charging handle isn’t holding it open, and it won’t move, with a loaded magazine or no magazine at all. I’ve put less than 100 rounds through it. Any suggestions on what i need to check/do first?

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
I knew it would be a matter of time, but I now have to seek out the expertise of the wise ones on here. FINALLY got a chance to take the 995TS out to put her through her paces. First 10 rd mag, worked fine. Had a few FTF issues with the red ball 20’s. Then Lo and Behind, bolt locks back, and will not go into battery. Charging handle isn’t holding it open, and it won’t move, with a loaded magazine or no magazine at all. I’ve put less than 100 rounds through it. Any suggestions on what i need to check/do first?
I would call HiPoint first thing in the morning. Best time to get through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts