995TS Red Dot

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by sicfish, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Stupid question. I am thinking about getting the 9mm Carbine with the red dot sight. In pictures of this rile it appears to not have a metal front sight. I would like to be able to switch between the red dot and the conventional metal sights. Ghost ring in the rear.

Does the version of the rifle with the red dot also come with front and rear metal sights that you can put on?

I know, it's a stupid question and the red dot version probably comes both, but I would like to be certain.

Thanks in advance to any replies.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It should. But if they're missing for some reason, just call Hi-Point and they'll send them to you for free.

3. Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to get the basic version of the rifle and buy a red dot off Amazon.

4. Blondie70

Blondie70 NRA Life Member Member

That's exactly what I am doing now. Got the basic 9mm carbine ordered (with the 2 extra mags/Pro Pak)

5. hp995tsfg

hp995tsfg Member

Once you use the red dot you won't go back. Very Fast pointing. I bought a Mueller from Amazon, many others out there. My limitation with the hi-point is the trigger.

6. That's good to know

7. Blondie70

Can you use the irons with the red dot attached ! In other words, can they co-witness ?
    Thanks, Pete

8. hp995tsfg

hp995tsfg Member

The iron sites take up most of the top rail. I had to remove the irons to use my red dot. The red dot also solved my aging eyes focus issue. The dot is always focused, and you don't have to align a front and rear peep to make the shot. Win win for me.

9. Blondie70

If I were to get a smaller red dot sight, could I mount is with the iron sights in place ? If so, once mounted, will the red dot and the irons cowitness ????????
    Thank you, Pete

10. jetguy35

jetguy35 Member

I got the 4595TS with the red dot. The gun came with the iron sights on and the red dot scope was in its own packaging that I had to mount myself. I was able to mount the scope and also use the irons to co-witness. I am however thinking about removing the iron sights though. Haven't made up my mind though yet. I am also thinking about getting a higher end 4x scope as well though with a red dot attachment on top. Not sure yet but have been researching quite a bit.

11. Blondie70

Great ! You answered my question. I sometimes have problems with the red dots as the dot looks deformed to me (astigmatism, I think)...anyways, I will probably get a red dot with a crosshair in it...or a dot with a circle. I have been looking at them, but will wait for the carbine to come in so I can look it over first.
    Thank you.