Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! New Hi-Point owner, just took the rifle apart and cleaned it for the first time. I'm having an issue with the rear shroud pin clip. The front one turns just fine with the help of the tool, but I had to wrestle with the rear one to turn it, and when reassembling, I literally needed to tap the clip with a hammer and screwdriver to get it to snap into place since it feels like the hole you turn the 995 tool in seems stripped out, and none of the allen wrenches I tried fit it. Anyone else have an issue like this?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,027 Posts
Hi folks! New Hi-Point owner, just took the rifle apart and cleaned it for the first time. I'm having an issue with the rear shroud pin clip. The front one turns just fine with the help of the tool, but I had to wrestle with the rear one to turn it, and when reassembling, I literally needed to tap the clip with a hammer and screwdriver to get it to snap into place since it feels like the hole you turn the 995 tool in seems stripped out, and none of the allen wrenches I tried fit it. Anyone else have an issue like this?
Did you follow the instructions on disassembly and reassembly? The last on is a pain to get in usually especially the first few times. Its fine. You tap them in and out no big deal.

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
Make sure you have the pin seated all the way in. Might want to squeeze the shroud a bit to ensure the groove in the pin is clear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts