Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Re: 995TS STOCK QUESTION mounting new sight

I have the rails. What I did not realize is that the receiver shroud is not tapped for screws. There are backing plates for the screws on the inside of the gun under the receiver shroud. When you remove the rear sight the backing plates drop into the gun. What is the process for removing the rear sight and replacing it with the factory supplied rails?
I had a similar experience. It only took a couple minute to pop the receiver cover off and fish the nuts out. Remove the charge handle and a couple of bolts and it should just kinda pop open. It has been a bit since i had mine open, but I don't recall anything odd getting it apart.

· Premium Member
37,163 Posts
Checked my 4095 against the new 995 plastic, and there is NO WAY the 995-TS stock is going to fit the 4595 or 4095 without a new mold, there is simply WAY too much receiver in the 4095. Of course, if the 4595 receiver and cover is a lot shorter than the 4095, it might fit...but I don't think it will be.
Maybe it is an air gap to prevent us from melting the thing when shooting a lot of rounds? :devilsidesmile:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.