995ts

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by boicecf, May 20, 2014.

1. boicecf

boicecf Member

Was at the range today sighting in a newly installed Aim Sports 4X30 Dual III. Rubber Armored Scope on my HP 995TS, also new, and the compensator popped off again. I have re-installed it 3 time tightening the hex screw as tight as practical without twisting off the screw head. I realize that it is mostly cosmetic. On the bright side this combination, along with a UTG bipod, shoots like a bandit at 25 & 50 yards chewing the center out of the black circle on the targets. I was using some circa 1988 S Korean ammo with no misfires!!

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Maybe the the compensator is for the 4095TS. I bought one for the 4595TS and it fits snug even before I tightened the screw. Where did you come up with S. Korean ammo from 1988?

3. boicecf

boicecf Member

Compensator

The compensator was in the Hi Point box when I purchased the 995TS new last month and labeled 995TS...as for the ammo, I purchased the PMC 9mm's about 1990 when I lived Kentucky...got out of shooting due to other interests and a business transfer to NJ, a less than firearms friendly state. Now that I am retired I have gotten back into shooting and found 8 boxes of old ammo in the back of a closet!! I shoot on Maryland where I also own property!

4. Dagwood

Thats cool, I found 350 rounds of winchester super max 22lr in my garage and I don't remember ever owning a 22 in the past. I have no idea where it came from, but it comes in real handy now. Not sure on the compensator then. It could have been mis-packaged from MoM. I put the faux compensator that came on one of my ruger 10/22's on my 995ts and it works pretty good and has not fallen of yet. Plus, it looks cool.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Only thing better than "found ammo" is ummmm...
    more found ammo? ;)

6. boicecf

boicecf Member

MOM said "send to back, we'll send you a new one"...no problem!!

7. Dagwood

That is the "quote of the day" undeRGRound