Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the shooting range. Really took my 9CP, my 45 JCP and at the suggestion of someone here, my Kel-Tec PF9 (for concealed purposes, mainly on my Harley. I have the Standard 8 Round magazine for the 9CP, and I ordered and used the ten round magazine, The 45 JCP puformed flawlessly, it was awesome to shoot, accurate right out of the box. The Kel Tec PF 9 was the same ( and will be a great gun for riding the Harley thanks for the sugesstion for that one, though the 45 was incredible.
The problem was the 9 CP. That thing was jamming every third shot or more. Sometimes two in a row, somtimes several per magazine. I didn't get through wither magazine withut it jamming several times. Really disappointing. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestins would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
1. Find the sticky about mag lip adjustment and measure/adjust accordingly.
2. Work the follower/spring a few dozen times, either by loading/unloading or with a dowel or pencil.
If you still have problems, go over the follower and mag lips with a buffing wheel and jewelers rouge to remove any tiny burrs.
Some people recommend leaving the mags loaded for an extended period but step 2 worked for me and much faster.

It's not uncommon for the 45 to be MUCH less troublesome. My theory is that the mass and energy involved overcome many shortcomings in the mags or stiffness in the action.

My JHP and JCP have been pretty much flawless since their first shots.
My C9 will still act up sometimes if I don't clean it every few hundred rounds.

MTH

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Find the sticky about mag lip adjustment and measure/adjust accordingly.
2. Work the follower/spring a few dozen times, either by loading/unloading or with a dowel or pencil.
If you still have problems, go over the follower and mag lips with a buffing wheel and jewelers rouge to remove any tiny burrs.
Some people recommend leaving the mags loaded for an extended period but step 2 worked for me and much faster.

It's not uncommon for the 45 to be MUCH less troublesome. My theory is that the mass and energy involved overcome many shortcomings in the mags or stiffness in the action.

My JHP and JCP have been pretty much flawless since their first shots.
My C9 will still act up sometimes if I don't clean it every few hundred rounds.

MTH
Thanks, I appreciate it and will do those suggested things and I'm sure it will help. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts