Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to rifles and red dots. I just bought the 995TS and a Firefield Reflex XLT red dot. My rear sight takes up a lot of space and requires me to put the XLT too far to the front. So, I removed the rear sight. Is there any reason to keep the front sight on? If the XLT malfunctioned, the front sight by itself wouldn't be of any use, would it?

·
Super Moderator
28,396 Posts
I'm new to rifles and red dots. I just bought the 995TS and a Firefield Reflex XLT red dot. My rear sight takes up a lot of space and requires me to put the XLT too far to the front. So, I removed the rear sight. Is there any reason to keep the front sight on? If the XLT malfunctioned, the front sight by itself wouldn't be of any use, would it?
If you have a red dot, and are confident in its durability and reliability, then no, there is no reason to have iron sights, either front or rear.

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 65693 I cut off a bit of the front part of the rear sight to allow my red dot to fit. I cut about 3/8 or so off and reinstalled it. Now mine is a perfect co-witness. Maybe that will work for you.
View attachment 65693 I cut off a bit of the front part of the rear sight to allow my red dot to fit. I cut about 3/8 or so off and reinstalled it. Now mine is a perfect co-witness. Maybe that will work for you.
Good idea! I may go that route. Thank you.

·
Banned
21,208 Posts
If you remove the front sight mark the location and adjustment in case you want to reinstall it. I leave the front sight on as it doesn't matter to me. Some shooter fixate on them. Back before people at the range knew what a Hi-Point was they thought it was a comblock carbine just looking at the front sight. :lol:

Reactions: CowboyBob

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used a riser on mine to clear the rear sight front sight doesn't interfere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts