Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking on-line at Bass Pro and they had 250-round boxes of 9mm Remington, noting that they were low and "might" be on back order. Called and the guy said "yeah, they were on back order" to the tune of over 1000 units on back order! That's 250,000 rounds on back order for ONE type of boxed 9mm ammo at ONE on-line dealer!

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
I believe it. I'm having a much easier time finding .40 than I am 9mm. Don't even get me started on .22 bricks. I found my first one yesturday in well over a month and a half. Its getting ridiculous down here.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
My observation:

It seems that the Rural areas are having a heck of a time keeping ammo in stock, while Urban areas seem to be doing much better. Case in Point: ALL the gun shops and acursed Wal-Marts are out of ammo in Casa Grande AZ and surrounding communities (from reports of my brother). In fact, in between Tucson and Phoenix (about 125 miles of desert and several dozen small towns and villages) there isn't hardly ANYTHING.

Bounce up to Phoenix, and I know of several places that are having "moderate" stocks. Not fully shelved mind you, but they're getting stuff in and it's staying.

A good friend of mine in Boston and another in Houston have described the same sort of phenomena. Rural communities can't even find one or two boxes, while on average there seems to be more in the large cities. Logic would say that more people=more ammo buys, especially with the panic buying going on. But, strangely, it seems quite the opposite. Are new shooters not buying ammo? Are experienced shooters buying more and more?

Hard to say

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In San Diego, you used to have trouble getting the cheaper & bulk 9mm, but you could get the higher priced 9mm's if you were willing to pay--now there is just nothing (local range had to stop renting out 9mm pistols because they had no 9mm ammo)

·
Long Arm of the Law
630 Posts
I believe it. I'm having a much easier time finding .40 than I am 9mm. Don't even get me started on .22 bricks. I found my first one yesturday in well over a month and a half. Its getting ridiculous down here.
Did you find it in Dothan? I am there several times a week and so far not even hardly a box of 22's, much less a brick! :mad:

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
there seems to be plenty in the ND/SD chinamarts. i can buy basically whatever i want when i go. the only thing im having a hard time finding is reloading components.

SW

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems like some industrious individual in an area where there is plenty of ammo at wallyworld prices could buy it and sell it (on craigslist?wherever) at a profit to people in areas where it has disappeared. (Do you have to have a special license to sell just ammo, not guns?)

·
Banned
401 Posts
Well I will be able to check Cabelas as well as a couple of others this weekend, I have to do a sports show in Spokane, WA and in between time on the floor, I will have the ability to run around a bit.

Dp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts