9mm brass

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by xtreme1ky, Mar 6, 2008.

1. xtreme1ky

xtreme1ky Guest

i was just wondering how many times you can reload the same 9mm brass before junking them. i have not took on the task of reloading a 9mm yet but am thinking of doing it now that i have read some of your post. it has been several years... at least 15 since i have reloaded anything. and it was for a 222 i had that i hunted coyote with when i lived in texas.

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

ive loaded them as many as 10-12 times but occasionally this happens:

[​IMG]

Bad juju for most guns. Dont push them. If you think they are bad, they probably are. After 7-8 light loadings pitch em'

SW

3. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Wow. I was way off. I have been told by some old timers not to reload brass more than 2 or 3 times, as you risk some serious problems.

But I don't reload so I wouldn't know other wise.

4. I don't have a set number of times.
    I clean my brass then inspect it, if it looks good it gets reloaded. It is much easier to detect flaws on clean brass.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

I have over 20 reloads on some of my 9mm brass. But I only shoot it in a gun with a fully supported chamber. They really do not wear out if you do not shoot it in a glock...

6. you will see when they start to wear down , i try to limit the reloads to 5 then the 6th they hit the ground :shock: