Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got the 9mm carbine...Well the charging handle got stuck closed. It was working fine when I left the shop by the way. Well I read here a guy bent down the safety and that worked so it slides back and forth. Well now it does not click/cock to fire when I pull it back all the way now and the trigger will not budge, unless half way through sliding the handle. Any ideas? I would call Hi Point but they are closed till the 12th. Thanks for any and all replies.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Let me get this right...you never even got to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
I wonder if it was disassembled and reassembled with the sear on backwards. When it is backwards, it stops the bolt from going all the way back because it engages the flange and the firing pin on the bolt's way to the rear.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I wonder if it was disassembled and reassembled with the sear on backwards. When it is backwards, it stops the bolt from going all the way back because it engages the flange and the firing pin on the bolt's way to the rear.
I'll put money on the rail screw backing plate being the original malfunction.

Reactions: SWAGA

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Well I read here a guy bent down the safety and that worked so it slides back and forth.
Please. Do tell. What safety? How far did you rip it apart to perform this trick? Which parts "fell out" when you did this?

And I bet you're both right.

Reactions: SWAGA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It cocked and fired obviously without bullets in shop. Then sat for a day then I finally had time to look at it. so ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please. Do tell. What safety? How far did you rip it apart to perform this trick? Which parts "fell out" when you did this?

And I bet you're both right.
I just took a pair of pliers and pushed the safety down more than it was going down. It then was able to slide back and forth. Nothing broke off or anything like that. I just pressed down on the safety a bit and then it would slide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it possibly installed so that it's hanging down into the bolt's path?
I have no idea it pulled the slide in the shop and pulled trigger a few times while in shop. worked perfect. Now again all the sudden it wouldn't slide at all it was stuck in closed position. Thinking its the safety i pushed down on it with pliers not like a freaking nut or anything just pushed it down and it allowed me to then slide easy as normal back and forth but now as you slide it back to shoot it doesn't cock and it does not even allow you to pull the trigger. The only way it will allow you to pull the trigger is when I go to pull the slide back and 1/4 through the full pull back I can then pull the trigger. But again as you get through the motion of pulling it all the way back and normally hear a click there is no click. I then slide it forward to get ready to shoot and the trigger does not even let you pull it. thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$25O for a used 995?
I paid $279 for a new one last month
I am sure next month you feminist wife will make you pawn it. Go sit back on you couch and watch that big screen you got with your stimulus money and eat your soy burger.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
It cocked and fired obviously without bullets in shop. Then sat for a day then I finally had time to look at it. so ??
Do me a small favor.
Insert an empty mag.
Release mag and pull it out about 1/8th an inch and keep it there.
Does it rack and dry fire?

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Is it possibly installed so that it's hanging down into the bolt's path?
If it was loose, dry firing and racking could have dropped it in to the path preventing it from moving.

Honestly, taking the shroud off and getting some pictures would be perfect if cic's advice doesn't work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i
If it was loose, dry firing and racking could have dropped it in to the path preventing it from moving.

Honestly, taking the shroud off and getting some pictures would be perfect if cic's advice doesn't work.
'll go take the shroud off. thanks.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I am sure next month you feminist wife will make you pawn it. Go sit back on you couch and watch that big screen you got with your stimulus money and eat your soy burger.
Why you being a dick about it?
I'm betting my next stimulus check you're the one that fucked it up.

1. Worked in the store
2. Doesn't work at home after dicking around with it.

Case closed.

If you think you're special...you're not.
In the last years we've had hundreds here that fucked it up before ever even shooting it.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
In the last years we've had hundreds here that fucked it up before ever even shooting it.
It's finally getting to ya, huh?

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Cheese and rice, people. Don't murder the noob until after we fix the problem. It's the interwebz. Every capable device should come with tampons, tuck's, and a teddy bear for all the hurt feelings.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts