9mm carbine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by stevieb, Nov 26, 2014.

1. stevieb

stevieb Junior Member Member

Hi everyone,,been a while since i posted..I have a question for you carbine owners. I was offered a brand new 9 mm carbine with quite a few goodies on it for $300.00 dollars today..Had forward grip, 3 mags,Light set up,tactical stock and a sling..Very nice carbine...It this a good price? Any help would be appreciated...A very good friend of mine offered it to me..Thanks in advance:)

2. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

yes. i got a plain jane one with 1 mag, a free mag and tshirt for $275 delivered and transferred to an FFL

3. uavdb

uavdb Member

4. LeftyShooter34

LeftyShooter34 Member

I paid $298 for mine, and it doesn't have anything special at all. No forward grip, extra mags, etc. Sounds like a great deal to me.

5. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

6. ...................X2

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ...especially since it is private sale!
    I do not use the supplied FG, it is too big for the weapon and looks tacked on, IMO. Overall, the deal is comparable with the best prices I have seen nationwide for a carbine. Go For It!

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    But it's got that neat little compartment for your handy Hi-Point wonder tool. I was more annoyed that both of mine wobbled more than a drunken pirate.

OP - $300 is average price for a new 995 stripped. $200 - $250 used depending on condition. Technically the one you're looking at is "used", even if it's still unfired. Could use that to your advantage. But being a friend, private sale (no paper trail) and the extra goodies? I'd hand him the $300 and walk away smiling.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Offer less. Stock and sling come with it anyway. $259 from rockcreek before any additional discount.

11. cicpup

Vermont
    Add in S&H, transfer and any other fees or taxes. Then the cost of the other extras.

BTW you sure the stock and sling come standard? That surprises me. Could have sworn you had to pay extra for the stock and that silly piece of nylon. You pay extra for the disassembly tool, trigger lock and chamber flag, right? Or are you going to tell me those come standard too?

12. undeRGRound

INDY

Here we go AGAIN!!!
    CicPup getting into another 'p!$$ing match'

:D

Attached Files:

13. cicpup

Vermont
    Nope. I'm literally dumbfounded.

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yeah, I think OP was just listing everything he thought pertinent and threw in a couple too many...

Then Dane-O comes along :p

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    I think it might be Dane Cook!

16. cicpup

Vermont
    Oh I fully understand lil' stevie's part. I know he's just excited about a new 995ts with a "forward grip, 3 mags,Light set up,tactical stock and a sling". I was so in. But to learn that the $84 in extras ($90 w/mag holder) is completely overshadowed by the fact you cant add in $40 for the Tactical Stock upgrade? Can you believe that? Because, now get this, it seems the Tactical Stock comes standard with a new 995TS. And someone felt it was necessary to edumacate us on that.

Well with my new found knowledge I've changed my opinion stevie. F#@K THAT GUY! He's definitely screwing you. Tell him $150 or piss off.

17. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    To be sure check hipoint site. It will put all your questions to rest! :D

BTW, the OP didn't seem familiar with the carbine and what does and doesn't come in the box. That is why I posted that. It seems others aren't sure either, so it is a good thing I posted that. :rolleyes:

18. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

Not to offend anyone, but I can tell you what currently comes in the box as I just picked mine up from my dealer 2 weeks ago:

Hi-Point 995TS carbine
    10 round capacity magazine (x1)
    assembly/takedown tool
    1" wide, black nylon sling
    front and rear sling swivels (user installed)
    trigger lock
    owners manual

Got mine brand new in the box for $257.62 out the door.

19. cicpup

Vermont
    Why would that offend anyone?

20. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

Didn't want anyone to think I was being a "know-it-all". It's just that since mine is such a recent purchase, the box's contents might have changed since the time some of ya'll bought yours.

Now I'm (im)patiently waiting on my magazine/clamp combo, AK sling, and soft case to arrive:D!

Jeff