Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I'm new here, just purchased the 9MM pistol. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet either. Question I have do all the HP pistols have the counterweight in the inside of the grip to prevent it from discharging when dropped? The one in mine rattles.... so far the only gripe I have.

Appreciate any feedback anyone has.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Makes a great baby rattle. But, then again, I was never a big fan of having kids. Ok, ok just joking. Make sure it's unloaded before you let your kids play. They are never to young to learn about gun safety. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my opinion this rattle ruins any hope of stealth with this gun-especially if you wear a leg or "tactical" holster.

·
Registered
799 Posts
M ^-^y first hp 40 rattled but the new/used one i got not long
ago doesn't rattle.maybe there is a break in period for the
weight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just a thought, but the original owner probably "jammed" the drop safety. It's not hard to do, though I don't think it's very smart lol.

Splitter

·
Registered
799 Posts
If your talking about mine being jammed,i hope not.i can say this much,i cant
find not 1 single scratch on it to be a used gun.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, there is a way to put a wedge into the mechanism to stop the rattle, people have done it. This is internal in the mag slot. It might also render the drop safety either inoperable or unreliable.

Just saying you might want to check it out if you want to make sure the drop safety is functioning.

Splitter

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
In my opinion this rattle ruins any hope of stealth with this gun-especially if you wear a leg or "tactical" holster.
I know, it makes my job as a ninja almost impossible :blink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Probably, but for whom of us in this forum would that be a problem? I mean, a real-world problem?

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
IMO the C9 is not really a "tactical" gun. Sure you can use it for CC or whatever if you need to, but if someone is doing something where they need to be stealthy...you're probably better off getting a higher dollar pistol and a suppressor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've mentioned in a couple of threads already on here that I am researching the HP's before making a purchase, and I am pretty thorough with my research (thus my presence in the forum), but this guy is one of a very few people I can find with bad things to say about these guns. Almost every review I have found by people who actually own them has been extremely positive.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I love my hp 40 and it's my tatical weapon.it's my one and only and i consider it everything to me.atleast untill after Christmas when i can get a more dependable one.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I love my hp 40 and it's my tatical weapon.it's my one and only and i consider it everything to me.atleast untill after Christmas when i can get a more dependable one.
So you think your HP40 isn't dependable? Why?

·
Registered
799 Posts
So you think your HP40 isn't dependable? Why?
I didn't say it wasn't dependable,i said untill i get a more dependable one.i want another to oc or cc
and i cant walk around with the hp 40 because it's just too big but i will always keep it in my car with me and sleep with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts