Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that reloading data cannot be posted but is allowed in PM's.

I have 124 gr SWC lead bullets and I am using Bullseye or Unique powders and I cannot find reloading data in my books for the 124 gr lead SWC.

I need charge weights and OAL.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
PM sent from Modern Reloading 2nd Edition

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
you can always substitute load data for a heavier bullet, as the pressures will be less, therefore safe.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys and 2TN, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Your welcome. From what I can ascertain (5$ word in case CU is looking) it does not mater if your reloading with semi wad cutters, round nose, hollow point, etc. Bullet style/design does not matter. What matters most is the weight of the boolit or whether it is cast lead or FMJ.

LOL, I'm sure someone will chime in on this and tell everyone I'm wrong?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Thought so. And now that SW backs me up it's official :yes:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does that include the OAL?

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Yes.....

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
142 Posts
i had absolutly no luck with bullseye with lead bullets they were going through the target sideways if they hit at all (9mm at 25 yards) either with my own cast or missouri bullets i tried several differant loads still no luck i switched to win 231 it works great ive also used hp38 im told its the same powder as win 231 it also works well and ive also used bluedot its ok but like sw said in other posts its seems to be better for carbine loads the only time bullseye has worked for me with lead bullets is shooting my cast 38 cal semi wad cutters out of my 357 but had much better grouping with win 231

1 - 14 of 14 Posts