9mm Question....?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by RN-Cindy, Nov 22, 2014.

1. I bought this guy from a friend of mine for $50. He told me it didn't run good before i bought it. Jams every 3 or 4 rounds. I dont think it's the mag because it does the same thing with a known good one. I did notice this rub mark top/inside of slide (sorry for the crappy cell ph pics)...is that normal..? Any help appreciated..I know i can send it back to Hi-Point, but hoping it's something simple i can fix myself....

Attached Files:

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Hard to tell from the photo, second picture is pretty blurry. I think if you are a gun novice, your best bet would be to send it back to Hipoint and let them do a top to bottom on it and it will come back test fired and like new and probably with an extra mag to compensate you for shipping it in.

Most FTF are either mag related or feed ramp related. Do you know how to remove the slide? It might help if you removed the slide and took pics of the feed ramp, underside of the slide etc.

If it is fail to fire or ejection problems, could be a bent firing pin.

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Or limp-wristing, that's what I like to do:)

4. LOL....Don't think thats it, does the same thing no matter who shoots it.

5. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Hi-Points carry a lifetime warranty. Send it back if you can't solve the problem. Instructions can be found on the company's web site.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME
    from the home state of
    Hi Point!​

You only have $50 in it, I would send it back to MoM, unless you have experience dissecting firearms? That's a joke. The previous owner seems to have given up on the gun. I would take it a LGS & have them send it back for you. Maybe cost you $15-$20, since your from Oh Io!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  7. I don't have that problem with my CCW, SD40, and its a bit "snappier " than the 9mm. Problem is getting all rounds on paper in rapid fire drills....:eek:. I'm working on that...lol

Attached Files:

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Be sure to send ALL your magazines with your gun, when sending it back. Most any dealer that sell HP's would be willing to send it back for you. You could send it yourself, but by the time you UPS or FED-X it with fees would be $20-$30. A FFL can USPS it back for $8-$9. Us regular people can't ship a handgun USPS?

9. Thanks...The LGS/Range i hang out at said they would take care of the shipping for me, and i might do that. I was just hoping it was something simple....

10. bluharley

bluharley Member

That's a big gun to CCW! I guess I need a purse. Looks like you know what you're doing, my dear!

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It very well might be and with patience, questions and trial & error we should be able to nail it. But it will require a willingness on your part to grab some tools and get your hands dirty.

12. Yea purse with a false bottom...lol. They were selling them to the ladies in my CCW class...Nice purse too. Actually i have only been carrying the SD40 for about 2 months. It's a little smaller and lighter than the P95 9mm that i have been carrying...just need to work on shot placement....

13. tim

tim Member

This is from a sheet for a 40 cal, but I think it's the same for the C9, normal machining mark.

Attached Files:

14. Thank You for looking that up...:).

15. tim

tim Member

I have a new C9 I just got last weekend & haven't fired yet & it has the same machining mark. I'd be glad to give you $50 for it if your not happy with it :)

16. bluharley

bluharley Member

I carry in my front pocket, the BG is as big as I can go. Not about to carry a murse or fanny pack, just ain't cool:cool:

17. tim

tim Member

I have a S&W to, but mine is a SD9 & I have carried it, but not very often. Exact same size as a Glock 19. My other carry pistols are a bit smaller

Attached Files:

18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm thinking that's the same line she used on the other guy.

19. Yea.. I had been wanting one, and i knew i couldn't go wrong...the ones i have seen that come back from Hi-Piont run as good as any gun out there, and it think they have a really good trigger for an inexpensive gun..