9mm revolver

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by minidriver, Mar 14, 2008.

1. minidriver

minidriver Member

Anyone have anything constructive to say about the Taurus 9mm revolver? Have been toying with it as a bug for my pt111. I realize clips are required for the rounds. But that is a small penalty for allowing me to share ammo with the pt111, wife's P99, and my 995.

2. Hmmm.

Honestly, I would rather get a used Ruger Blackhawk in a convertible that uses 9mm or 38spcl/357mag.

Two cylinders, your choice of ammo.

If you hunt around, you could find one around 350 or so but it will take osme hunting.

I just got a Cimarron 45LC/45acp convertible SAA clone and its mighty enjoyable.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

I have been told the clips that hold the rounds are a real pita...

4. NicNight

NicNight Guest

That Taurus 9mm revolver has always been interesting to me. Problem is I haven't been able to find one here in Michigan. My other Taurus pistols are fine weapons, I would expect the 9mm revolver to be a nice pistol as well. Let me know if you end up with one.

5. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

that 905 is on my list big time...

6. Jokey

Jokey Guest

I doubt if you need clips, the cartridges are probably located by the front lip of the brass not a c-clip.

I bought a ruger 357/9mm blackhawk and honestly I usually only shoot the rimmed cartidges through it. I thought it would be nice for back up and test gun to shoot 9 mm reloads. The reality isnt the same as the idea.