9mm Shotshell Ammo

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by kwm1971, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kwm1971

kwm1971 Member

I like keep my pistols ready for snakes with shot shell loads. How well does CCI shotshell ammo work. Will it cycle properly or will i need to chamber them manually on each shot?? I'm wanting to use it in my c9

Thanks,
    KWM:wavey:

2. Gunsnob420

Gunsnob420 Well-Known Member

If your c9 is new I would say no. If you had it for awhile and worked out the bugs with the mag lips and polished the feed you should be fine.

3. Delmar

Delmar Member

I had never seen any so I had to look it up. I think it might feed just fine. Give it a try. It looks fun!
    [​IMG]

4. RockCreek

RockCreek Member

MN
    They will normally feed ok, but they wouldn't cycle the action in anything I have tried them in.

5. JandN

JandN 01 FFL Member

Well, I'll be the first to give you a welcome instead of advice.
    :welcome:
    I don't like snakes at all:eek:
    JEFF

6. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    I agree that they typically don't' cycle the actions. They work good in revolvers, though....

7. Delmar

Delmar Member

I had no Idea. I guess I figured they had enough lead in them, so that the pressure would be high enough.
    Oh well, I have been wrong before.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Never had any first hand experience, but some have said the plastic caps on the shells often break in a semi gun?

9. chuddly

chuddly Member

Let me start by saying i dont know AT ALL....but i do like the idea....kinda makes the gun more multi purpose. I had seen them before and thought about picking some up just to try. Let us know how it works out.

10. chuck99

chuck99 Member

I have tied CCI and other 'Shot shells' in a Ruger 44 Mag. Might as well hit them with a small stick. To be effective you must get real, real, close. That means with it striking distance. Do you really want to be that close? Think about that with a 9 MM. Use real ammo and aim for the head.

With a 44 Mag, the concussion from good load will stun them, a shot shell will just make the angry.