Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ummm...I don't mean to be condescending, but this entire site exists as a tribute to the quality of the 995 carbine and it's offspring. I hope this is not a trolling lure that I just took a bite of...HPFF has a wonderful search function, friendly advice=use it wisely:)

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
The High Point is good quality, and has GREAT service as well. The reason the HP stuff is "cheap" is that they use less expensive materials in non-stressed areas, and they use less expensive manufacturing techniques; like less milling, or milling of softer materials. Since the guns are a simple but efficient design, the tolerances can also be a little less tight than on other designs, also helping with the price.

You just can't go wrong with them!

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
4000 plus members of this forum tend to think that there is pretty good quality, and there is the BEST customer service and the BEST warranty in the firearms business.

My buddy bought my hi point, completely disassembled it, painted the slide and the grips(very poorly I might add), and lost a bunch of parts. I bought the pile of parts back from him and sent it in to the mothership explaining what had happened. They completely replaced the grips, slide, mag safety, sights, and gave me two free mags. I sent it off on a Friday and got it back ten days later. Amazing customer service!! Tell me another gun company that would basically send you a new gun because of the gunowners bad modifications.
That should tell you everything.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ummm...I don't mean to be condescending, but this entire site exists as a tribute to the quality of the 995 carbine and it's offspring. I hope this is not a trolling lure that I just took a bite of...HPFF has a wonderful search function, friendly advice=use it wisely:)
First he did not indicate the storm carbine or the storm pistol.

But the HP line ups are good guns.
Sold my Ruger 9mm carbine to my boss and kept my 995. It shoots great and cost much less.
The C9 is a low price pistol that does very well at defensive ranges. You should know though that the C9 like all pistols have a required brake in period before you consider using it for defensive purposes.
As with all guns you should be sure to run what ever type of ammo you are thinking about using through it to be sure that it feeds, ejects and has zero magazine related issues. HPs have a typical 300 to 500 round brake in period and this should be followed.
If the pistol is not working smoothly after 500 rounds you may need to send it in to HP for work.
My C9 took 250 rounds to brake in and has been like a Swiss clock since.
Which ever one you were thinking of (pistol or carbine) you will probably want to pick up more magazines for your HP from your FFL or from the HP web sight. Try not to buy after market (ProMag) magazines as they do not work 99% of the time.

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
The pistol isn't really pricey compared to other pistols like it, but the carbine is, IMHO. Not that there are a lot of carbines to compare to...sad that they quit making the Ruger, isn't it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.