A 955 TS first

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by WhitewolfK, Oct 13, 2020.

1. riverrover

riverrover Member

That would create the opposite effect. Less pressure on the front of the bolt and harder hit of the rear of the bolt against the stock. IIRC, on my monkey stocked 9mm, the bolt hits the stock before the spring is fully compressed.

2. Nope, the pic was from an older 995 carbine. Here are comparison pics of an older 995 bolt vs. a new 995 bolt. As you can see there are numerous changes.

Attached Files:

riverrover likes this.

3. riverrover

riverrover Member

Which is the new and which is the old? Mine is a combo of the two!!!

4. Old is duller gray; new is shiny black.

5. riverrover

riverrover Member

Thanks
    Is the raised lug at the front of the new style bolt extra material thus providing extra strength to the bolt OR are the fronts the same thickness, but the new bolt steps down at the corners. It's hard to tell the actual thickness in the pics.

I guess my bolt is a Gen 2. It is dull grey.
    The top looks like the early, same logo and sight screw clearance cuts.
    Has the internal cuts for the LRHO.
    The front is stepped like the new style.
    Does not have the round cut in front of the charging handle hole on the LH side.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. The raised lug is additional material.

riverrover likes this.
  7. WhitewolfK

WhitewolfK Member

Finally an update. According to the gunsmith @ Ellwood Epps in Ontario Canada.
    Hi Point is replacing the 955TS carbine, no questions. So as soon as the next shipment from Hi Point arrives in Canada. My replacement will be on its way to me.
    Now thats warranty for across the border.

ajole, SWAGA, TNTRAILERTRASH and 4 others like this.
  8. WhitewolfK

WhitewolfK Member

Update.
    Hi Point elected to replace the 955ts carbine. Still waiting upon paperwork to go thru. So customs may release it to the Canadian WarrantyCenter

ajole, SWAGA, CowboyBob and 1 other person like this.