Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is about 60 & sees the "signs of the times". So he wanted a pistol for HP. I grabbed him a JHP when I bought mine some weeks back. TODAY was the first time he got to fire it!

He's loved it from day one, but isn't a gun nut & didn't know anything about handling, so we spent 15 minutes in my basement with basic handgun etiquite & went to the range.

His first clip made a pretty broad group, but hey he's a newbie. He sure enjoyed it though. Ran other mag through & they were tightening-up, but our goal was to align the sights so we decided I should take a few shots & see where it's landing, since I had "experience".

I'm NOT one to see how small groups I can punch, just not into it - gimme center-mass & I'm happy (maybe just a justification?) - but I se that baby on the sandbag & let two rounds go. both landed 1.5" low of the ctr dot, about 1" fm each other.

I raised my brow & decided maybe we're closer already than I guessed, so i got a little more serious... with a steadier grip i laid the next four shots in nearly the exact same hole 1" above dead ctr. I straightened-up and shook my head. No need for adjustment as far as I'm concerned, i think he's close-enough for home defense.

He shot some more & still left with a couple rows of .45 in the box, but by the time we left he was making 6" groups easy at 20yds.

Maybe we'll see him sign-on to HPFF before long, there's no question he's hooked! We scrambled all his brass & bought another 200 empty cases fm the range for $5... if i hurry & load them up again maybe we can keep him from experiencing DTs. He loved everything about shooting, and his goal had been only self-defense.

sorry no pics of his targets, we forgot it on the bench. (darn, it was my coyote papar :cantlook:)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Very nice of you to help that gentleman. I hope y'all have many good times together going shooting. Just get him to keep pushing lead and he'll get better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts