A bullpup stock kit maybe?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Dane, Oct 21, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Glock-Glock-Glock-Glock-Glockity Glock.........

2. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

Beretta 92 would be more better

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I was going to give you a 4095...........now that you have cussed my Glickities? ScrewU :stir: BTW I find it hard to believe you can't get a cheap 4095 off Armslist down there.

4. ArmyRover

So far I keep finding them at nearly the same price as new. Got excited a couple days ago found one at the pawn shop for $150 but it turned out to be a 995.

I have 40 Beretta 92 mags that is why they are better to me. I wouldn't need to buy any.

5. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    They won't fit. The HiPoint was designed during the AWB and the late CEO didn't see a need for more than 10 round mags. Double stack mags won't fit into the receiver - not HighTower's fault.

6. ArmyRover

7. It might be simple to mod the 92 mags to coffin shape but far better to engineer and rapid prototype few brand new mags first.. to mod would require hydraulic presses and dies and some plasma cutting... the same stuff needed to stamp out production magazines anyhow

8. backbencher

Texas
    I'm not sure how you could call that mod simple. Look @ the hoops ThingMeister did to get his drum to fit. And it still doesn't run smoothly yet.

9. Simple doesnt mean easy or convenient ;) it just means simple. Lol like I said, better to engineer from scratch a whole new coffin type magazine or heck.... a drum that only has top 2" of the single stack mag and it slots into an opening of the stock.. sort of like the 50rd drums for the mg34 way back when?

10. backbencher

Texas
    I'm thinking ThingMeister may have cracked the code on HiPoint mods w/ that drum, if it can be made to work. I need to get @ least one drum for the future stepdaughter, when I get cash maybe I'll send one to Mole w/ the top cut off, let's see him not get a 9x19mm HiPoint then... :D

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    That's what I had suggested a while back when we discovered the 1911 drum mag.

I think keeping the molded transition in the Glock drum and introduce a high point mag top. Either an OEM, redball or Magpul. Which ever would work better.
    The 40 drum with hipoint top maybe an easier mod than cutting the molded 9mm drum.

Either way, a reliable hipoint mag is needed as a start or you won't know why the mod isn't working later possibly.

12. I agree that keeping the Glock bottom and putting Hi Point top half would work better as well. Only question is would the hi point mag catch be sturdy enough to hold the weight of the 9mm drum? Maybe need more friction on the sides where the transition goes up?

13. Thanks for popping in. It's good to know someone's keeping an eye open.

14. Pull the stock off and look at the receiver. Then go look at a Makarov magazine. That concept is the foundation of this thread.

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

@Politically Unreliable , 2016/17 man. Learn how to check the dates. Neither of them have posted here in a while.