A chat at the LGS

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by greg_r, Nov 6, 2020.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That said...I really do hope that the ammo makers go hog wild on getting their production up as soon as they can, that their suppliers do the same, and that prices get back to something resembling normal.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    Rabidwookie and OldOutlaw like this.
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Tsk tsk. I didn't say point fingers or make one last jab. I said stick to the rules or else.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I thought I was making a generic enough statement. I’ll play nice....:duh:

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I thought it was deleted before I saw it

5. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Glad the surgery went well.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  6. Rachgier

Next person that tries to slide politics, religion, and/or Covid in to this conversation catches a vacation. Third and final warning.

7. Rabidwookie

Understood, sorry, wasn’t my intention.

8. Rachgier

The individuals who's posts were deleted know who I'm speaking to.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. Bill whitney

Bill whitney Member

A
    And gun owners will be gouging each other and pointing fingers. Rinse, repeat.

SWAGA and greg_r like this.
  10. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

It was me he was talking about, and I’m sorry, but it’s hard to discuss this topic and leave out all of the things were deleted. Perhaps there was a little too much emotion behind some of the posts, and the thread took a funny turn or two, but we’re humans here. We’re not automatons posting bits of emotionless information. If we deleted every post that didn’t stay on topic, there would be about five posts here... on the whole site, not just this thread.

Things seldom exist in a vacuum, especially gun ownership/use/rights. It’s hard sometimes to extricate a topic from all the little tendrils of life that should be in the dark rooms, but extend their reach to other ideas in other threads.

It is not my intent to stir up trouble with this post, but to explain how some of us get caught up in thoughts and emotions that extend far beyond a chat room on the internet.

If this post gets me banned, I’ll be rather sad. I’ve always strived to be a voice of reason on most things, even those that get rather heated, and I’d hate to share a fate with Rippin Rhino. With that said, though, we can’t sanitize all traces of politics, religion, and personal thoughts from what we say here without making it a very dull place.

fatal-bert33 and CowboyBob like this.
  11. Rachgier

And we have a specific section dedicated to those emotional subjects involving politics and religion. Now, having said that, not every thread posted about firearms needs to be political, as has been the trend lately.

12. Rachgier

There goes one? Next?

13. Northslope

Northslope Member

someone said russia was dealing with a primer shortage as well. what gives? if so, is there a chemical or component that goes into primer production that comes feom somewhere that the US and other countries get it from? this is crazy. they dont have civilian gun ownership over there for the most part . so what is causing a global primer shortage if this is true ?

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Which one? I wanna keep score.

Twisty, fatal-bert33 and moona11 like this.
  15. Rachgier

Artificial bottle necks created by the 4 principles of economic elasticity.

OldOutlaw and Rabidwookie like this.
  16. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

From what I’ve read (and it may or may not be true), Russian civilian gun ownership is skyrocketing. Laws have recently opened up gun ownership, and there is talk or relaxing restrictions to allow handgun ownership by civilians for defense. Russian ammunition manufacturers have also been selling mass quantities of ammunition to European nations that are having difficulties manufacturing enough for their militaries and limited civilian markets though. This has probably limited the quantities available to export to the US. They are running at or close to full capacity. Components and ammunition just aren’t making their way to us like they once did.

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Production stagnates a result of a temporary economic shutdown.
    This creates a temporary shortage which is perceived as an impending crisis which fuels the panic buying which leads to empty shelves which leads to perceived shortages which leads to panic buying which leads to.......
    Its a self fulfilling prophecy at this point.
    Fill in the blanks, could be ammo, could be toilet paper.
    Doesn’t matter.
    Like @Rachgier said, economic principles stay the same.
    Ripples in the pond my friends...
    [​IMG]

HPD855 and Rabidwookie like this.
  18. Rabidwookie

While it’s a very good point, it’s still a pain in the ass....

HPD855 and OldOutlaw like this.
  19. I bought some .22 Long Rifle with the intention of selling it. At an auction I priced it at $39 for a box of 500 rounds. Sold several days later it without ripping someone else off.

20. I tot I taw a puttytat.

moona11 likes this.