A Cheap Zombie Accessory To Go With Hi-Points

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Delbert, Mar 20, 2015.

1. I purchased a great accessory to go along with our cheap HiPoint ways. It does require some initial assembly, but once put together, gives hours of entertainment. It doesn't shoot very far, but you step off about 10 paces and it'll put a smile on your face.

What do ya'll think? I put my 40JCP next to, to give the size.

Attached Files:

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That looks like a fun thing to get. I've always had a sneaky little urge to get a pistol crossbow someday.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    HiPoints aren't cheap, they are inexpensive!!

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

My only question is will it penetrate a zombie skull? :zombie: It looks like fun.

5. From the zombies I've seen on TV, it'll more than work. Probably would want to use the aluminum bolts as they're sharper points and a little heavier for penetration.
    For my target I tried the orange bolts on, at 30 paces back I was penetrating easily 1/2" heavy cardboard up to the fletches with no problem.
    The bolts leave around 160-170fps from a 80# limb. I'd say that's not bad.
    It's a Prophecy 80 w/Cobra limb system.

6. My Dad just got one 2 weeks ago.. we was shooting all aluminum bolts at a 3/4 in ply wood.. at 15 yards.. full penetration.. so yea at 15 yards there very lethal. but with the plywood it tore up the bolts fast. we tried the PVC one like the OP has in his picture.. the did not go as far in.. the tips was not recoverable. but you can still shoot the PVC ones with out the tip.. for practice. we tried shooting at old dense straw bails but too hard to receive the bolts with out taring down the bail

7. I wished my dad got the one with the scope like you... we have a peep sight one. but my dad only paid like $30.. the hardest thing we had to do was stinging the bow. it took both of us.

where did you get yours, and how much did it run?

8. My only question: who makes it and where did you buy it?

Okay, two questions.

9. planosteve

Yup gotta have one.

10. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

11. check out the test posted in "zombie go boom"

it didn't do well, probably because of the light weight bolt & low velocity

12. planosteve

Thx will check it out

13. I forgot to mention that the scope was something I had lying around home. It's a CenterPoint.

The CB is a Prophecy80 w/Cobra limb system.

They make this model in 2 flavors. One is all black(mine) and the other is a (simulated) wood hand grip and fore-grip.

When I got this, I also got lots of aluminum and pvc bolts to play with, an extra Cobra 80# limb and 3 extra strings and 2 waxes for strings---very important you wax heavily the string to keep from fraying early on that I think people complain about and why strings not lasting. Don't forget to wax the rail too that the string rides on.

One thing I also did was take out all screws and "blue" Loctite them to keep from backing out from vibrations.

14. Those are pretty neat, I have one and the kids shoot at 2" foam board in the back yard. It will punch thru the board no problem at 15 feet. Lots of fun but yes it can be lethal.

15. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

I'm sold on these! How do the bolts hold up?

16. I think mine came with 1 bolt, I have shot it a few dozen times into foam, wood, and dirt. You can see some wear but it still does fine. I bought a pack of 10 extras bolts for less than $10 just in case.

17. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

Ok, yeah i saw a 30 pack of bolts for around $20, thinking i might just get those for longevity. I like the break action. Amazon says it will be here tomorrow so i'll get to test it out asap.

18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I had one of those as a kid and again when I was in the service.

I'm fairly confident in saying that there was more inappropriate use of it as an 'adult' compared to when I was younger. I distinctly remember many 'hold my beer' moments that involved some Robin Hood / William Tell (sp?) type antics.

19. Django

Django Member

I have a similar one. I put a cheap laser that was laying around on mine. Lots of fun for the price. I got a lucky shot one time and hit a rattlesnake from my porch. Buy extra bolts. They tend to get lost.

20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY