Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a correct Lee Enfield SMLE today, a 1918 No. 1 Mklll*. Compared to the other one that I posted this week, the difference is night and day. Has a couple of buttstock issues but those are a breeze to repair or replace, all in all it seems to be a damn solid gun.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice Krippp..I hope the one from me can be in that ballpark once you're done with it. (I did say ballpark..it was hurt pretty bad)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice Krippp, she's beautiful.

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to find this one on another forum, it turns out to be all numbers matching from the actual Enfield factory in Middlesex, England. The more I decipher the markings the more I am in love with this firearm.

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder how much that thing is worth now that its all fixed up. Beautiful gun
This is not the same gun as in the other post, this one is all original. The other Enfield I posted in the other thread is still under evaluation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have an original 1918 also. It came from the Lithgow arsenal. It was murdered...I mean sporterized...I mean bubba-chopped and has a little barrel pitting. It's a good shooter though. I don't know if I want to keep it. I would like a complete gun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If that shoots half as good as it looks, you got a goodun there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
why must people FIX classic guns I hate nothing more than a sporterized mosin of enfield and when I see a 1903 springfield choped and scoped i wanna cry please people dont ruin good guns

·
Registered
428 Posts
+1 Justin.
I see way too many sporterized 1903s and 30/40 Krags. Sad sad sad. Luckily I was able to restore my Enfield to her proud former self.
Nice rifle there, Kripp!!! Now where to find surplus .303?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts